Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

Not just yet, @Neil.T ... But I haven't forgotten! Gotta get on Dragon Half, too.

Curious to watch Barakamon! Meanwhile, I'll just be over there probably rewatching Berserk 97.

When do we want to do the next re-watch? Barakamon has been touted as an option some people would watch but no date set, maybe we could do that in September? It was only 12 eps as I recall so if we started it say 1st of September, would be done by mid-September.

According to the first post Garden of Sinners has been slotted for October 2021. I've seen those a few months ago but I think they'd make for good films to re-watch.

I'd like to look at Ergo Proxy for November if the above is true, forward even if alone! :cool:

When do we want to do the next re-watch? Barakamon has been touted as an option some people would watch but no date set, maybe we could do that in September? It was only 12 eps as I recall so if we started it say 1st of September, would be done by mid-September.

According to the first post Garden of Sinners has been slotted for October 2021. I've seen those a few months ago but I think they'd make for good films to re-watch.

I'd like to look at Ergo Proxy for November if the above is true, forward even if alone! :cool:
Ergo Proxy is the one I'm really looking forward to but GoS should be good too.

I'll skip Barakamon tbh. My watch pile is pretty large atm and I'm not particularly interested in rewatching it for the moment.

If interest on Barakamon is low then we could just do Ergo Proxy instead of it?

I am not that fussed on Barakmon either way. That could mean Ergo Proxy September followed by GoS in October?

Would you guys prefer that? I do want to watch Ergo Proxy :)

Oh, I'm definitely still aiming to join in with Barakamon, though; I've heard good things about it.

I can fit in a single-cour series next month but couldn't really commit to anything longer. November would be fine for me for Ergo Proxy, though.

This is the tricky part of co-ordinating a simulwatch. 😅

Good suggestions @Lordhippos, Eva fever totally bulldozed any simulwatch plans for me heh.
Oh, I'm definitely still aiming to join in with Barakamon, though; I've heard good things about it.

I can fit in a single-cour series next month but couldn't really commit to anything longer. November would be fine for me for Ergo Proxy, though.

This is the tricky part of co-ordinating a simulwatch. 😅
I'm liking this plan too, I think something lighter and shorter would be good for September.

I'm very much looking forward to GoS in October, I think that could potentially do very nicely for a simulwatch, though I'll probably be watching some other horror entries from my pile for the season in case anyone else is be interested (of the top off my head these would include petshop of horrors & shiki (re-watch for the latter); & not one for a simulwatch but will try and fit it in Higurashi so I can catch up on the newer series, though I'm not sure if I should plough through the VNs for that & Umineko first (sadly I've only managed the first Higurashi VN part thus far...) - I'll revert to @Vincentdante for his opinion on that!).

Thereafter also very keen on Ergo Proxy - been on my list for a good while now.

I realise December will be a very hectic month for anyone to commit to a proper simulwatch but would anyone be interested in say picking a film a week we all try and watch over that week?

It would make it more casual and we could just pick a slightly random bunch like a Ghibli film, a Hosoda film, a franchise filler film and Promare for example. Would give people 7 days to watch and chat about each one.

Me too. I'll probably rewatch the series as well. It's so good.
Oh dear... Now I want to add Made in the Abyss to the simulwatch.
I realise December will be a very hectic month for anyone to commit to a proper simulwatch but would anyone be interested in say picking a film a week we all try and watch over that week?

It would make it more casual and we could just pick a slightly random bunch like a Ghibli film, a Hosoda film, a franchise filler film and Promare for example. Would give people 7 days to watch and chat about each one.
Good plan, any of the movies currently in the list would do nicely. By the way, do you need a subscription to watch the movies crunchyroll releases from AL? Maybe that would be easy to include for everyone to watch... Oh wait just checked, it's Tokyo marble chocolate in December - not well reviewed from memory..

Good suggestions @Lordhippos, Eva fever totally bulldozed any simulwatch plans for me heh.

I'm liking this plan too, I think something lighter and shorter would be good for September.

I'm very much looking forward to GoS in October, I think that could potentially do very nicely for a simulwatch, though I'll probably be watching some other horror entries from my pile for the season in case anyone else is be interested (of the top off my head these would include petshop of horrors & shiki (re-watch for the latter); & not one for a simulwatch but will try and fit it in Higurashi so I can catch up on the newer series, though I'm not sure if I should plough through the VNs for that & Umineko first (sadly I've only managed the first Higurashi VN part thus far...) - I'll revert to @Vincentdante for his opinion on that!).

Thereafter also very keen on Ergo Proxy - been on my list for a good while now.

Shiki and Higurashi are on my list to try at some point not seen either, so we could do an unofficial one for that if you want :)

Shiki and Higurashi are on my list to try at some point not seen either, so we could do an unofficial one for that if you want :)
I'm very much up for a Shiki one, that is excellent in my opinion (once you get over the Yu-Gi-Oh hairdos heh). So would happily join you for that. I think Higurashi may be too long for a simulwatch, but again would be happy to join you unofficially when you watch that one heh.

I'm very much up for a Shiki one, that is excellent in my opinion (once you get over the Yu-Gi-Oh hairdos heh). So would happily join you for that. I think Higurashi may be too long for a simulwatch, but again would be happy to join you unofficially when you watch that one heh.

Alright, I'll make a thread for Shiki today so as not to muddy this one too much and edit/link it back here, then if others want to join in they can :)

Even if it's just me and you that will be fine, I'll call it unofficial simulwatch as well.

Make the Hosoda film Mirai and I'm in! Haven't watched it yet. Also someone find me an excuse to watch Anthem of the Heart as I've never watched it. As for Miyazaki, I'm good for whatever as I have the boxset and I've only watched the first two so far.

I'm also in for Barakamon and Ergo Proxy if I buy it in time, which I should? 🤔

Also, I suggest Ping Pong, again. I will be bot-like in my suggestion, fyi

maybe

xoxo

though I'm not sure if I should plough through the VNs for that & Umineko first (sadly I've only managed the first Higurashi VN part thus far...) - I'll revert to @Vincentdante for his opinion on that!).
When it comes to When they Cry I will always support the VN over the anime. Especially since the newest anime is a sequal to the VN.

Actually while I'm here how about a Made in Abyss simulwatch?

I've added all new suggestions to the list and schedule without prejudice. 👍

Once the Shiki thread is up, I'll likewise link to it from here.

it's Tokyo marble chocolate in December - not well reviewed from memory..
Wow, is that so? I actually do really rather like it, for what it's worth.

Lastly, I have my own simulwatch suggestion for October to add, but it's (mostly) live-action rather than animated. It's the Train to Busan trilogy of the Korean live-action film itself, its animated prequel Seoul Station and its live-action sequel Peninsula. I bought the Blu-ray boxset earlier in the year after seeing the former two on Film4, but I haven't seen the latter yet. If anyone else would be interested, I can tentatively add it to the schedule.

Back