Simulwatch: Murder Princess [Episode 6]

Epsiode 6

So here we are after some early stakes setting the team head back to the castle to battle one last time. I really liked some this early infiltration stuff. The music was fun and some of the banter was too. Loli goth calling Dominokov a Party Pooper for making her promise to not kill anyone was pretty funny.

So we get into Teoria and I really liked the quirky design of it. Really nailed the otherworldly ultimate power of it.20200422_172236.jpg
The Witch and the Prince have the nebulous plan of ending the world and it seems this was something the prince actually wanted. Pretty disillusioned for a prince.

What I really enjoyed about the ending was that Murder Princess was forced into a no win situation which was pretty expectation subverting. And added an emotional edge to the finale.

Overall I'm glad to have given this a rewatch. Having watched so much anime since I watched this before it's not the epic ride it was last time when it all felt so new and original to me. But it's still a fun show with fun characters, a fast paced story and some nice cliche dodging decisions at the end.

I never really mentioned it but I always really liked these opening shots of the credits:
20200422_171101.jpg
20200422_171110.jpg
20200422_171118.jpg

Episode 6: Determination’s End

An okay ending though the big bads evil plan felt, well, meh, and neither of their characters felt developed enough in my opinion. I did enjoy some of the other cast and honestly wish this had been six episodes longer to allow for more of its ideas to be fleshed out, but as it stands I’d give this a 3/5 or 6/10 in MAL terms-not bad not not great. An interesting choice for a simulwatch though @WMD

Episode 6

Yeah, not a bad ending, I just kind of wish they'd fleshed out some of the characters' motivations a bit more. The Prince wanting to end the world felt a bit out of nowhere (at least it wasn't mind control), but credit where it's due, I didn't expect that one. The witch's reveal that she didn't remember Falis at all raised a chuckle too, as it was a classic For Me, It Was Tuesday, but I don't feel like Falis's apparent berserker mode ever really amounted to anything much. Also, that scene at the end of her squaring off against an entire army? Would have been cool if we'd gotten that show...

I am slightly curious to know how much the anime differs from the manga though - the synopsis of the manga on ANN mentions the king being murdered by a 'greedy drug manufacturer', which doesn't really seem to tie in with anything in the anime.

Last edited:
the big bads evil plan felt, well, meh, and neither of their characters felt developed enough
. The Prince wanting to end the world felt a bit out of nowhere (at least it wasn't mind control),
Yeah this was the biggest disappointment. I think it stems from having two sets of bad guys in such a short show. If they'd kept the Dr as the villian it wouldve made more sense but I appreciate the effort to have more personal stakes for the heroines.

An interesting choice for a simulwatch though
Cheers. It was something I wanted to give a rewatch to anyway and i was curious to see how it would hold up now I've seen so much more anime. As it was short I figured it could work for an easy simulwatch.

am slightly curious to know how much the anime differs from the manga though - the synopsis of the manga on ANN mentions the king being murdered by a 'greedy drug manufacturer', which doesn't really seem to tie in with anything in the anime.
Lol that sounds like a totally different show!

Back