Should I post this...? History will once again repeat itself

I agree with Molyneux fully. FFVII did define the genre and the PS3 has yet to find a defining game (but at least it's still a games console with actual games, unlike a certain other white-coloured small box) :]

CitizenGeek said:
I agree with Molyneux fully. FFVII did define the genre and the PS3 has yet to find a defining game (but at least it's still a games console with actual games, unlike a certain other white-coloured small box) :]
And once again you prove you know nothing. Enjoy your fail. ;]

CitizenGeek said:

Oh and to add...

The only thing that FFVII redefine the genre is being the first 'successful' RPG in the west and the most notable RPG to step into the 3D world. I, like you, love Final Fantasy VII (well not as much as you). But it isn't the defining genre that people make it out to be.

Great Game... And it did open up new ways to make RPGs great.

But putting that aside, it's a ugly game with a storyline that take itself too serious for it's own good.

(Oh and another thing... Even though I play the PS3 more than the Wii. I can honestly say that the Wii still have good games. And it still has more to come. I can come up with a list that makes the wii good. So slam the wii down for its minigame shite, I can think of good games)

And once again you prove you know nothing. Enjoy your fail. ;]

The question is... Does he know the definition of fail?

To be honest I enjoyed FF:VII but it's a really bad hype game which lead on to Square ruining the mythos of the series which was very mystical and put together pretty well. Plus FF:IV revolutionized RPGs tbh, it did start the ATB system and the TRAGIC character pasts unlike the Final Fantasy series before it where the characters were sent to save crystals and didn't have specific job titles given to them before hand, etc.

Good things FF:VII done:
Made Sorcery and Science a common mixture of FF games
Contributed to some of the best and most recognizable themes in the series [over-used]
Made Kingdom Hearts [****, nevermind, that's a bad thing]
Made JRPGs **** popular in the West

After that I'm drawing a blank.

EDIT: What the **** at CitizenGeek randomly bringing in the Wii, what's the point? Because there's a lot of "Nintendo" fans? Also, the PS3 will have its time, it is coming, LittleBigPlanet is just the start though.

Lupus Inu said:
EDIT: What the **** at CitizenGeek randomly bringing in the Wii, what's the point? Because there's a lot of "Nintendo" fans?

Like you get at him with topic that 'rages' him and we all 'butt in', he'll just attack back with something like that.

Though of course, I ain't really a big Ninty fan anyway =P

But if I have a pound for every comment on "Wii isn't a game console" or "WII has just MINI-GAME CRAP", then I'd be a rich man

It just amazes me that people still uses this arguement to this day.

He's right.

People only hate on VII because it's popular and they like looking cool for all their equally snobby friends online.

In private, everyone loves it. Seriously.

The Aaron said:
He's right.

People only hate on VII because it's popular and they like looking cool for all their equally snobby friends online.

In private, everyone loves it. Seriously.

Could that apply to High School Musical as well?

So we all hate it because its popular, but we all love it in secret? Just because its popular doesn't mean its ground breaking... otherwise minigames on the wii are groundbreaking and excellent.

I used to think Final Fantasy VII was a MASTERPIECE. But that was when I was an inexperienced newfag to games and the internet, I found better. Much better. VII is still good to play though occasionally, it has good music.

Lupus Inu said:
I used to think Final Fantasy VII was a MASTERPIECE. But that was when I was an inexperienced newfag to games and the internet, I found better. Much better.
But Molyneux is talking about when the game was released, and as a Brit, he's right. Final Fantasy VII was the first RPG released here that was of any significant quality. He's right about the PS3 too, but his statements would apply to any of the other consoles. There are just too few new peaks to climb.

But the single most important thing to remember is that again, Peter Molyneux is all talk. He's yet to make a game as good as either whatever game he's currently talking about making, or the games that have impressed him in the past.

Back