Shojo Challenge - Can you recommend a short series?

Hey there everyone

Rukario recently asked me this question, and because it had an interesting point, I thought I would put the word out on the forum to see what everyone else would suggest. Looking through my manga, I suddenly realised, that most short shojo series are about 5 volumes, most running 15+. My suggestion was I.N.V.U.

Can you think of a good manga with 1-3 volumes?

Any good one shot stories worth looking into?

So come on folks, put your thinking caps on and post your suggestions below.

Many Thanks

M.G xx

You could try Suki by CLAMP, it's not the best out there but from what i've read so far it's cute and a story that gives you a nice happy feeling.
Other than that it's pretty tough, Wish(also by CLAMP) is a 4 volume series, and theres quite a few very good 5 volume series like Imadoki, or Happy Hustle High.
I.N.V.U is very good, but it's a incomplete series. It's actually a series of 4 volumes, but it doesn't look like theres much chance of the last volume being released, so it does leave you feeling a little annoyed

i can think of a few that i have.
-aria- this manga is very cute, it is set in the future and it is about a group of gondhola rowers that are on a new planet that is a few years behind earth, they live on aqua and the reason it is called that is because there is a lot of sea. so the way people get is by the gondhola. it is a cute story.

-hack- this is a very fantasy type story and i really enjoyed reading it. it is a very difficult manga to discribe so you would have to read it to understand.

ill come back to you when i know about other ones
there not shojo but it is hard to find a shojo series that is short. :)

If you're allowing inclusion of OGM titles, then:
Dramacon - 3 volumes, 2 of which are out, third coming out around next October. Set in an anime convention, focuses mainly on character relationships and build up of romance between two protagonists.
Fool's Gold - 1 volume out, 3 planned. One of the better OGM manga titles out
The works of Erica Sakurazawa but they may be more Josei than Shojo (There are 6 total but each volume contains a standalone story)
Pretear - 4 volumes, may be geared to too young an audience though..
Princess Tutu - 2 volumes, harmless shojo fluff)
The One I Love - Standalone Clamp story, very shojo, typical love story but good in it's own right
SOS - Standalone volume containing several short stories. Quite a nice little addition (doesn't help I picked it up for 99p at Forbidden Planet on sale XD)

Those are just the ones I can see on my shelf but I'm sure you can find more if you look around :p Hope those are of some help

I was looking Boys Be, and some other random Shoujo series, but I couldn't pick something, I was going to buy Othello, but I put it back for some reason. X_X
Is Othello long? Cause I might consider getting that. =X

Imadoki [5 volumes]
Angel [+Angels Nest] [2 Volumes]
Happy Hustle High [5 Volumes]
Love Letters [Stand alone volumes]

Unfortunately [Or fortunately] most Shoujo is long :(

Hiya Rukario

Othello is 7 volumes in total. Can I suggest you take another look? - It really is a good series, it doesn't fall into the cuteness trap that alot of girls manga seems to fall into. It has an interesting range of characters and the two heroines of the story are pretty cool.

Also, Butch-Cassidy above has recommended some good ones too. I will second Imadoki too.

You might want to jot down all the titles and take it with you to a manga shop. See which one takes your fancy.

M.G xx

Paradise Kiss - 5 Volumes

Gone into more detail on the shojo manga thread
Like I say there, don't be put off by the fashion theme like I was initially - it focuses much more on the character development and interaction.

Back