Shinkai presents London screening of 5cm p/sec; new trailer

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/news/1635/makoto-shinkai-living-in-london-reveals-uk-influences">Following on from our recent news story</a> that anime director Makoto Shinkai is currently living in London, <a href="http://www.otakunews.com/article.php?story=1291">Otaku News has word</a> that on the 20th of June at the BFI Southbank (in London), Shinkai will be in attendance to introduce his most recent movie, the romantic drama <em>5 Centimetres Per Second</em>. This will be a part of the BFI's "Anime Weekend", which also includes (amongst many others) screenings of 'The Girl who Leapt Through Time', Tekkonkinkreet and the two live-action Death Note movies. Please note, booking has not yet opened for the event.

Speaking of Makoto Shinkai's animation, his latest work, a trailer for the erotic video game 'ef ~ the later tale' (the trailer itself is suitable for all audiences), has <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8ec5U2bvU">been officially published on YouTube</a>.

WHY DON'T I LIVE IN LONDONZ!!?!?!!!!one!!11!!!

This is serious bs. It's like 4 days after i'll have the relief of finishing my GCSE and my favourite film of all time is playing but i seriously doubt i'll be able to get down there. :cry:

With The Girl who Leapt Through Time AND Tekkonkinkreet? Gah, I wish I was still living in the south east. D;

Mm tempted for Tokikake and to see Shinkai but will probably be very busy at the time. One to keep an eye on...

C'mon Maltos, London's not *that* far away. You can do it! Even if you do play Alliance (j/k).

R

I would sell my soul to go and see 5CM on the big screen and get Shinkai to sign his artbook which is being released on the 28th of this month. I will be doing everything in my power to get down there.

Rui said:
Mm tempted for Tokikake and to see Shinkai but will probably be very busy at the time. One to keep an eye on...

C'mon Maltos, London's not *that* far away. You can do it! Even if you do play Alliance (j/k).

R
Hang on a minute....is that a reference to WoW?

Maltos said:
Then....how do you know i play alliance?

Because I'm watching you...

That or I clicked your profile once and remembered in my bitter Forsaken way, hehe.

R

I really should remember whats on my own profile... :lol:

But i can't help but feel this has steered a bit off topic. Your crazy stalker way don't have much in common with Shinkai's masterpiece....or do they!?

I'm sure his next masterpiece will be a tale of star-crossed lovers who play on different factions and long for each fleeting glimpse of one another in Alterac Valley when their queues happen to intersect...

Oh wait I'm derailing again, oops. If you read this, Shinkai, I'll expect crediting for the idea!

Only saw 5cm the other day, loved it of course. Certainly wouldn't object to seeing it again at an event on (presumably) a bigger screen than my own.

R

I'm there. As soon as the tickets are on sale, at least...

EDIT: I'd have probably seen all of them by June 20th but watching 5cm on the big screen (presented by its director, no less) will be worth the train fare on its own.

ef rulz!

Shinkai is living in london is really weird. I really like 5 centimeters per second.

Anyway did he manage to attend or did he not turn up?

After watching that ef trailer, it makes me think that such beautiful music and animation is wasted on an erotic visual novel...it makes me kinda wish for a second series of ...a tale of memories.

I also remembered that if I make it to the 5cm screening, MBV's gig in Manchester is little more than a week afterwards. If all goes as planned, June is going to be 'teh bezt month evar'.

Martin said:
I also remembered that if I make it to the 5cm screening, MBV's gig in Manchester is little more than a week afterwards. If all goes as planned, June is going to be 'teh bezt month evar'.

That would be sweet as, it's true. Also, thank you for reminding me of MBV's gigs. I'll be seeing them roughly a week after I see Radiohead's mini-festival on the Green. Living in Glasgow these days has its perks. :D

After watching that ef trailer, it makes me think that such beautiful music and animation is wasted on an erotic visual novel

Same. The animation and music blew me away. Hopefully it'll get an anime adaptation one day, as many other erotic visual novels have had.

Back