Shinkai Collection Bluray Steelbook

Ah I actually checked that thread but as Andrew called it The Shinkai Collector's Edition I wasn't sure if he was referring to a Garden Of Words collector's steelbook or a collection of all the Shinkai films steelbook. Presumably, and hopefully, the latter but maybe Andrew could clarify if he reads this?

Thanks

Random said:
Ah I actually checked that thread but as Andrew called it The Shinkai Collector's Edition I wasn't sure if he was referring to a Garden Of Words collector's steelbook or a collection of all the Shinkai films steelbook. Presumably, and hopefully, the latter but maybe Andrew could clarify if he reads this?

Basically Andrew is trying to get every Shinkai film on Blu-ray in one big steelbook which is why the Place Promised / Voices double pack was delayed from its original October release. He managed to license Garden of Words but he's attempting to get Blu-ray rights to 5 Centimeters Per Second (DVD was released by Manga UK, Blu-ray was planned but cancelled, licensing issues) and Children Who Chase Lost Voices (BD and DVD released by Kaze, hopefully it's he's not using their stuff).

He does have some shorts going along with the collection like Travelling Daru (announced with the two films) and She & Her Cat (confirmed back in July).

I'm guessing he wants to get packaging details sorted then confirm the release date, like Tiger & Bunny's The Beginning.

Back