Shadow Hearts

hakayumi kun

Brigade Leader
hey everyone has anyone played shadow hearts?

i really wanna talk shadow hearts with people >.< no one i know has ever even heard of it!!!=0

i mean i love the game personaly its amazing but does anyone share the love.....? ~ :oops:

oooooooooooh shadow hearts is an RPG game based in the early 1900's

its really realistic as in the locations the game takes place in as its all around europe and asia, theres a hero caled yuri, who is a bit of a dark guy and a heroine alice elliot who is really sweet and full of holy magic......yes they want eachother ;D

the fighting is like final fantasy buuuuut its like supposedly what happened behind the wars and stuff at the beginnig of last century.

the characters are really hot and have diffrent skils and come from very different bakgrounds

annnnnd the battle music is orgasmic =D

you should play

its really mature and full of sarcastic, smutty and funny jokes!

but the third shadow hearts isnt all that good at all

its not so popular in england im probably the only person who has it in my city 0.0

hehe

I've got the 1st 2 Shadow Hearts games but not really got round to playing them much. I liked the game that came before Shadow Hearts in the time line, Kudelka for PS1.

I love Shadow Hearts, One of the best RPGS I've played in ages (and a break from the RPG Norm).

The 1st one was really good, The second was excellent and the New world was pretty good.

Better than most of the Final Fantasy Series (which is another reason it needs to die)

Sorry but I only briefly played Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I returned the game very shortly after because it felt so much like Final Fantasy X for some reason, and I was looking for something different at the time. I fear I didn't give the game a real chance, which is a shame as I'm sure it's not a bad RPG franchise.

lol yeah i the story is amazing i think mainly for me becasue its so close to home and in real locations set back in the old days lol

but i think yes it is defo on line with the final fantasy series!

its an orgasmic game im gonna download the soundtrack i think =D

Shadow Hearts just doesn't really stand out to me. Whereas each FF, Rogue Galaxy, Shin Megami Tensei etc. has a distinct feeling to it. It's still a series I want to check out (a JRPG set in 1920s America does sound cool) but I'm in no hurry to see if it's any good!

Chrono Demon said:
Better than most of the Final Fantasy Series (which is another reason it needs to die)

So - a) The Final Fantasy Series is all capitals now? and b) The series needs to die because Shadow Hearts is better than 'most' of the games in the series?

O__o

Erm, what?

I'm going to have the entire series soon:

Shadow Hearts - Going to get it for £25 from someone on HUKD. No other better deals about... I just I don't get ripped off.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Paid £18.79 to get it from SoftUK. It arrived unsealed, in a non-official case (with only 1 disc holder, meaning the 1st disc was allowed to get badly damaged). SoftUK eventually decided to let me keep it for free.

Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Got it for £10.49 new.

I could slap myself for ignoring the original when it was in the shops due to it looking too much like a survival horror RPG. >_<

lol shadow hearts is okay =] i love it because it happens behind the scenes of the early 1900's and it just made me wonder at the time...did this really happen???

but at the beginning i realized it tells you its a fictional story.

it made history seem all the more interesting =]] i think final fantasy and shadow hearts are very different...the battle system is very similar but then again its different because the characters are different the setting is totally different.

each to their own i say =]]

choishii said:
the fighting is like final fantasy

Ruined...

I hate final fantasy games, reason you ask? I hate the turn based fighting.
Makes no sense why you would sit and wait for your impending doom while a demon thing contemplates which spell/attack hes going to use on you. Surely you would run in his face and slice his arm off or something...

loll true! i basically like final fantasy for its storys and graphics at the time its brought out
ff 7
ff8
ff9
ff 10
ff10-2

but i was saying that to my friend...as if you would really stand there and wait for eachother to attack lol

i agree =]

and shadow hearts is for the PS1 PS2

I have the first Shadow Hearts released on PS2. I cannot remember the full name but basically its the one with the guy named Yuri and his protecting some English chick.

It's not as bad as FF in terms of being turn-based because you have to use the judgement ring system. Whenever you perform an action in combat a ring appears, with blank, normal and small 'hot-spot' areas - if you fail to activate it at the right time as the pointer slides around you either miss completely or fail to get the full effect.

I'd rec. Shadow Hearts: Covenant if you're going to try one, the first game eventually ran out of steam but Covenant didn't. The third game in the series is supposed to be too cutesy/short.

yeahhh shadow hearts 2 is better =] the graphics are good there are sexy characters the story is touching

number three is shite i gave up near the end
it doesnt have the same feeling

Omg! shadow hearts rocks!. I have Koldelka for the ps1 also, witch was the start of the Shadow hearts games.
The 3rd one was okies, but I like Yuri, and he wasnt in that T-T

Back