serious recommendations

Animefreak17

Godhand
Is it me or has there been a shortage of good anime to watch lately.

I was trying to see what I should buy from United publications and to be honest I'm not sure what to get.........

I'm a collector and il watch any anime ......besides hentai.......

Also anime seems to be more expensive lately ..I would usually buy the cheapest and work my way up to buy the more expensive ones.

But lately iv been very choosy of what I want to watch......

My standards have been high lately .......

After watching great series like

Death note
Monster
Garden of sinners
When they cry
FMA
CLANNAD

And funny shows like

The devil is a part timer
Bloodlad.......seriously why isn't there a season 2 to this.
Bake and test
Trigun
Ect

If some of you would give me a few recommendations ...........then that would be smashing.

It doesn't matter if you suggest a anime iv already seen before ...cause let's face it iv seen loads of anime for a fair few years now and it would be a little hard for anyone on here to recommend something I haven't seen.

So anyways.....

Something that's out on DVD or bluray.

Something that I might like

Something unique.

Something that will blow me away.

No hentai

It doesn't matter if it's old or new.

So.........What would you recommend

Watch Code Geass.
But seriously, chances are if anyone recommends anything that has a physical release, you would already most likely have seen it. If by any chance you haven't already seen it I reckon you should watch A Certain Magical Index and it's sister series, A Certain Scientific Railgun. Second Seasons of both are available as well as a movie, and it's likely not going to come out in the UK anytime soon because of Universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you've seen these before, but here you go - suggestions for each under the bold title:

Clannad
Ef - A tale of Memories / Melodies
Your Lie In April
This Ugly but Beautiful World

Death Note
Parasyte
Spiral

Garden of Sinners
Rin - Daughters of Mnenosyne

Comedy shows
Excel Saga
Negima?!
FLCL
Full Metal Panic Fumofu

Mangaranga said:
Watch Code Geass.
But seriously, chances are if anyone recommends anything that has a physical release, you would already most likely have seen it. If by any chance you haven't already seen it I reckon you should watch A Certain Magical Index and it's sister series, A Certain Scientific Railgun. Second Seasons of both are available as well as a movie, and it's likely not going to come out in the UK anytime soon because of Universal.

I'm planning on getting those but I'm waiting for the pieces to drop.

Lutga

There is 3 on there that I haven't seen so il give them a go when they get released

animefreak17 said:
Mangaranga said:
Watch Code Geass.

I'm planning on getting those but I'm waiting for the pieces to drop.

Lutga

There is 3 on there that I haven't seen so il give them a go when they get released

Out of interest, which three? I'm guessing you don't stream stuff, so only stuff where there's an in-print physical edition works?

Just want to say that code geass isn't interesting .....

it's just some kid that wants revenge on his father and he has a loli sister complex and his a mommies boy and he lies and uses people like pawns

The only good guy in the series is suzaku......And Lelouch is a complete bastard.

Lutga

Sorry I mean two

Your lie in April
Parasyte

And no I don't stream...I like to support the anime DVD industry by buying them.
And to be honest it's worth it......

By the way I have this beautiful new shelf in my room and all my favourites and influenced anime are on it

If you haven't seen it and are after a laugh, you might want to check out Nichijou. Found it pretty funny myself. I'm sure the creator was on drugs when doing this.

animefreak17 said:
And no I don't stream...I like to support the anime DVD industry by buying them.
And to be honest it's worth it......

By the way I have this beautiful new shelf in my room and all my favourites and influenced anime are on it

But legal streaming is also supporting the industry, especially as viewing figures on legal websites contribute to what series actually gets licensed.

Future Diary
Non Non Biyori
Sankarea
Yuru Yuri

They are pretty much the only physical titles that I'v watched that dont show up on your MAL list, they are all region 1 only atm tho which might have somthing to do with it.

Back