September issue of NEO out this week

Hey, they printed my letter! Look for the one by Matthew Haycock.
(Why do I have such a wierd last name?)

I think you'll agree with me that some people have no idea about anime in our day and age.

I nearly gave in yesterday and bought it, but flipping through changed my mind, as there still seemed to be an excessive amount of Asian cinema articles. I think this is what puts me off Neo the most; the assumption that every anime fan, also watches Asian movies :?

I bought issue 10 today and had a bit of a read. The reviews/news section was pretty good like last issue, and was a worthwhile read. Unfortnately none of the articles interested me that much (which is more down to personal taste than anything) , but I read the fansub one and was mildly irritated about how preachy it felt to read. A collection of differing opinions from various people on the topic of fansubs would be a far more interesting read.

Mangaminx said:
I read the fansub one and was mildly irritated about how preachy it felt to read. A collection of differing opinions from various people on the topic of fansubs would be a far more interesting read.
Ha, ha, yeah, the reason i didn't read it, didn't think i wanted to put myself in a bad mood.

Miaka-chan said:
I think this is what puts me off Neo the most; the assumption that every anime fan, also watches Asian movies
I don't think it's that they are making the assumption that all anime fans like Asian movies, it's because it's supposed to be an Asian culture magazine which just happens to focus mainly on anime. But i know what you mean, still way too many article on Asian film for me, i skip the whole section, so for me it might as well not even exist

Ramen89 said:
the assumption that every anime fan, also watches Asian movies

This one does :lol:
I watch a few (and I mean a handful!) myself, but there is definitely too much coverage on them. Infact from what I could see (purely from flicking through), there seemed to be even more than usual.

Back