Selling advice please

harkins

Adventurer
Hello, I’ve not posted on here for quite a while now as my interest Anime has lessened. That’s not to say I don’t like it anymore.

Anyway, I’m now looking to try and sell some (most) of my DVD collection but the hitch is that I don’t really know how to go about selling it. The marketplace on here seems quieter than a Chernobyl library on a bank holiday. E-bay looks to have had it’s day as it’s full of nothing but those horrible bootlegs.

So can anyone suggest anything?

In the mean time here is my MyAnimeList. If anything piques your interest pm me and I’ll let you know the details. 99% of that list is genuine DVD in mint condition with a roughly 50/50 mix of regions 1 and 2. There are a lot of box sets amongst them, although these are predominantly region 1’s. Also, they are mainly complete series with a few exceptions (mainly in the 'dropped' category). Even the 'planned to watch' list are DVD's I have bought but have just never watched.

If anyone does fancy anyting off the list paypal is prefered but I will take cheques or even cash if you're happy to risk the post. Any postage will be at cost.

Cheers

Harkins.

Could you put up pictures and prices for these. Maybe I can help you get rid of a few... ;)

Mysterious Cities of Gold
3x3 Eyes
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
Bubblegum Crisis
Castle in the Sky
Detonator Orgun
Dirty Pair Flash
Grave of the Fireflies
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiddy Grade
Kino's Journey: Life Goes On
Kino's Journey: The Land of Sickness -For You-
Kino's Journey: Tower Country
Lupin III: Dragon of Doom
Lupin III: Voyage to Danger
Mezzo Forte
Princess Nine
Spirited Away
Shakugan no Shana
Lupin III: Dead or Alive
Lupin III: The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure
Lupin III: The Secret of Twilight Gemini

Hi Chaos,

Ok, I’ll organise some pictures and prices this evening and post them tomorrow morning. But just to clear up one or two things on that list sooner rather than later, I’ll just add some notes.

Ghibli titles - Probably not for sale as I’d like to keep these.
Kino titles - I’m sad to say that these Kino titles are not on DVD. And if they were I wouldn’t sell them!!
Lupin III titles - These Lupin III titles are again part of a R1 box set of discs housed in slim line cases.
Mezzo Forte - Uncut version.
Shana - Just the first 2 volumes of the R1 Geneon release that never made it to the 6th volume (unless something has happened since I stopped following the news)

Doesn't leave much does it!! I think that you may like the Basilisk box set though. And the Princess Nine and 3x3 stuff is pretty rare (especially P9). Oh the KD box set is pretty nice too. And while not on the list, the Mai Hime box set is in fact two box sets - the original version with the crappy box and t-shirt and the second version with the big box and diaorama type window thing. And if anyone is interested, the Elfen Lied discs are R2 but come with the R1 Box set inc vol1 and printed filler.

Lupin III titles - ok for a boxset
Mezzo Forte - ok
P9 and 3x3 does interest me a lot

I'd take all the ones I've listed if for sale, in good conditions and the price sounds right, except for Shana. I though it was the complete series box.

I've got Mai hime and elfen lied, so I'm not that interested in them.

3x3 Eyes

I am interested in both of these, depending on price & stuff. Tell me the details of them like region, etc, & you might have a buyer.

That is of course assuming chaos doesn't snap up 3x3 Eyes, since he asked first of course. :)

Mutsumi said:
3x3 Eyes

I am interested in both of these, depending on price & stuff. Tell me the details of them like region, etc, & you might have a buyer.

That is of course assuming chaos doesn't snap up 3x3 Eyes, since he asked first of course. :)
Actually, I've asked for both of them first :p now he is going to up the price, as I would have done ;)

chaos said:
Mutsumi said:
3x3 Eyes

Actually, I've asked for both of them first :p now he is going to up the price, as I would have done ;)

Oh sorry I missed Mysterious Cities of Gold when I read your post. Of course you have first call on that too. ^_^ I'm not going to try to outbid you though. You got first call & I'm poor anyway. XD

Right, sorry about this but after wrestling a fridge freezer to reverse the doors and my Japanese class I didn't get the pics or prices done last night. I will do them tonight I promise!!

And I assure you that this delay will not be repeated if anyone buys anything. I hate waiting for online shopping myself!!!

Oh and 3x3 Eyes has shot up in price 500% - only joking!!

This has been really difficult. Firstly finding them all as I’ve just moved to a new flat and all my stuff is still boxed up, then deciding prices and then in some cases deciding whether I really want to sell them!

These are the prices I’ve come up with;

R1 stuff.

Basilisk- £45 inc post. Might sound pricey but it’s rare as rocking horse sh*t and cost me nearly £130 to buy. There are 6 volumes rammed with extras of varying interest and collectors cards. There is also an unopened scroll and this of course comes in a gorgeous wooden box with a vertically sliding hatch. Perfect condition and the centre piece to anyone’s collection.

Kiddy Grade - £25 Attractive box set containing 8 discs (2 per DVD case).

Princess Nine - £25 This series is one that I’m particularly reluctant to sell. This is not a box set but the six individual volumes. The discs are in perfect condition but the cases are only in good condition. I spent a long time and a small fortune buying these from the US. Will chuck in the OST CD.

Mezzo Forte - £4 Uncut version. Mint condition.

3x3 Eyes - £14 for the two discs. Mint condition.

Lupin III The First Haul - £12

R2 stuff

Dirty Pair Flash - £12

Detonator Orgon - £2

Bubblegum Crisis - £15

Cities of Gold - £20

This has been really difficult. Firstly finding them all as I’ve just moved to a new flat and all my stuff is still boxed up, then deciding prices and then in some cases deciding whether I really want to sell them!

These are the prices I’ve come up with;

R1 stuff.

Basilisk- £45 inc post. Might sound pricey but it’s rare as rocking horse sh*t and cost me nearly £130 to buy. There are 6 two disc volumes rammed with extras of varying interest and collectors cards. There is also an unopened scroll and this of course comes in a gorgeous wooden box with a vertically sliding hatch. Perfect condition and the centre piece to anyone’s collection.

Kiddy Grade - £25 Attractive box set containing 8 discs (2 per DVD case).

Princess Nine - £25 This series is one that I’m particularly reluctant to sell. This is not a box set but the six individual volumes. The discs are in perfect condition but the cases are only in good condition. I spent a long time and a small fortune buying these from the US. Will chuck in the OST CD.

Mezzo Forte - £4 Uncut version. Mint condition.

3x3 Eyes - £14 for the two discs. Mint condition.

Lupin III The First Haul - £12

R2 stuff

Dirty Pair Flash - £12

Detonator Orgon - £2

Bubblegum Crisis - £15

Cities of Gold - £20

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

Basilisk - Found the same box set for 45 new, also a bluray is coming out and is selling for 35. I'll give this a pass
Princess Nine - found it for 20 quid
Cities of Gold - it's selling new for 24.

If you reconsider these prices, let me know.

I'll take these
Mezzo Forte
Kiddy Grade
3x3 Eyes
Lupin III The First Haul
Dirty Pair Flash
Bubblegum Crisis

So, considering you can bundle them all and post me, how much would this be? if you can get DVD's slips, I prefer to get only the covers/DVD's/inserts without the cases. Saves you postage, saves me space. Except of course if they come in a nice boxset.
Which I believe is the the case for bubblegum crisis and kiddy grade.

Good! Glad they got there ok. I forgot to mention that I couldn't find the Princess 9 OST CD due to so much stuff still being boxed after my move. So I threw in the Detonator Orgon DVD that you had earlier expressed some interest in. Once the P9 CD turns up I'll stick it in a jiffy bag if you still want it.

Oh, I didn't noticed that at all... I thought it would be in one of the cases. As for the Detonator Orgun, I was unsure I asked you to add it to my order, but as I saw it there I just assume I did...
=)

Back