Searching for a film…

LazyOaf82

Hikikomori
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and thought I would join up to see if I can find a manga/anime film I remember from years ago.

I realise that there must be dozens of this sort of enquiry on here, so apologies first of all. I am trying to find the title of a manga film screened on channel 4, most likely in the year 2000, around the same time as the Fist of the North Star animated series was screened in the UK. I cannot recall too many aspects of the plot, aside from the fact that one scene dealt with hunting/capturing the lion of the moon, a beast that came down (presumably to earth), and was restrained/captured (I think in a forest) with ropes attached to boomerangs/discs/rings. I can remember this scene reasonably well, and also what I remember as the final fight/confrontation which involved a cadaver like creature emerging from the floor (maybe from underneath a throne?) to battle the main character. I remember clearly a blow of some kind breaking the creature’s neck, and it then re-setting it to continue the fight. These two scenes are all that remains in my sieve like memory, other than I think the main protagonist was female, and I very well may have dreamed the whole thing up! However, I have managed to track most of the mangas I saw during college/uni down, often from fragmentary memories like this so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Cheers.

I could be way off here ... ( I'm sure other members will get it right)

But the anime that comes to mind is princess Mononoke, which the main character is female,
Also another character gets its head removed...... The only thing is no lions, and they don't come down from the moon

Hope this helps in some way.... If not its still a great film to check out ( happens to be my fav lol)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi there,

Good shout, but I have seen (and loved) that one; a very good film.

This seems like a bit of a hopeless cause, but c'est la vie! Thinking back, I think the film I am after was screened on channel 4 at some point in the summer of 2001, rather than 2000.

B

If my memory serves me right Fist was aired around 1994-1996 on Channel 4. I remembered seeing anime sooner around 91-92 then a lull then FOTNS then occassional Ghibli outings in the New Millenium.

Back on topic (sorry about that :oops: :) ) Of anime between FOTNS and the mid nineties that might meet your remit are Rayearth, X: The Movie or Tokyo Revelation. Those are three I can name off bat, but since it has been a while since I've seen them I can't testify to specifics. Hope this helps.

/waves at Cuddy-chan, long time no see :)

I thought of X as well but I think we need some more from the OP to be able to pin it down.

Hi Random :)

I've been lurking and mucking through other things in my life. Also trying out new things. I'm glad you are still around. Many of the old Neo members have scattered. Manning and I are still on the UKA forum. I'm also playing at the Anime Forums UK (www.animeforum.org.uk). How have you been?

On topic I have to agree. Any info that you can give us LazyOaf82 will be helpful. If you can describe the appearence of some of the characters there is a fair chance someone will nail down the title you are looking for. In saying that there is one anime screaming at me.

That one is Shadow Skill. There was a film (95) lasting 45 minutes, an OVA (96) (3x30 minutes) and a series (98) (26x 25 minutes).

I can't testify to it airing on C4 but I know the original film aired on the SciFi channel late one night.

Here is a google link to Shadow Skill images that might jog some memories

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shado ... mwCt&dpr=1

Hello guys,

Apologies for the slow replying, just back in Blighty now.

Top marks all round, I reckon ShadowSkill is the kiddy! I had a look at some stills, and I had confused the lion of the moon with the king of the moon; silly me.

Cheers once again for all of your help - it is much appreciated.

B

Nothing silly about it. We remember what we can and make up the rest, much like Abe Simpson ;) :D

Shadow Skill is a decent anime. Watch it and tell us what you think. We are all glad to help :) .

Ahh Shadow Skill - I remember that having one of the single worst 'classic' Manga dubs, so bad it's almost good.

Back