Scotland Loves Anime Edinburgh Line-Up Announced

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Scotland Loves Anime have unveiled the selection and times for their Edinburgh leg, bringing films like Mirai, My Hero Academia, and the English-dub premiere of Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I've booked my tickets, flights and accomodation! I'll be there from Friday until Monday, with these on my list:

- I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
- Penguin Highway
- My Hero Academia the Movie: The Two Heroes
- Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel 1: Pressage Flower
- Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern – Film 1

Hmm I'd like to see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Marai, My Hero Academia, Cyber City Oedo 808, Heavens Feel, Thunderbolt, Jin-roh and Thunderbold Film 2. I'd quite like to see Maquia but I'd rather see it subbed so eh. See how many I can actually convince people to come see (probably only MHA and maybe Heavens Feel) and decide what I'm doing myself.

I've booked tickets for all the Fri-Sunday films. Very interested to see Miss Modern, for some reason I feel like I have positive expectations of it but I'm not actually sure what it was I read about it that's making me feel that way.

Very interested to see Miss Modern, for some reason I feel like I have positive expectations of it but I'm not actually sure what it was I read about it that's making me feel that way.

Personally, I'm just a sucker for a Taisho-era setting in anime.

Miss Modern is the blind pick for me, and not seeing it could have saved me money on a night in the hotel, so it better be good :p.

@Buzzkillington @-Danielle- and @ravenwood7040 - definitely say hi when there if you feel up to it! Would be great to put faces to the names :).

Andrew

I've stared directly at you once before Andrew as you were working the stall at MCM once and I dropped a lot of dolla your way and enticed my friend to do the same hehe.

If you hear the Jaws theme, it means I'm circling you ready to say hello :) same for all y'all actually hehe.

I completely forgot that Mirai is in Manchester beginning of November and my friend does want to see it so I may pass on that at SLA now as that way I also get to stretch my legs and get something to eat inbetween Penguin and MHA. Hmmmmm.

For those going, i'll be there throughout the weekend and into Tuesday. I'm seeing everything from friday on excluding Zombie Girl, Fate/Stay night(i openly admit i've no interest in the show) and potentially not Jin-Roh, but will see. So if you're there, come say hi! :)

There is limited accomodation available at the witch's lair on a first come first serve basis. Must like cats.

Mirai, Penguin Highway and Miss Modern for sure. Might do Wolf Children too since I've not actually bothered to watch my BD of it yet...

There is limited accomodation available at the witch's lair on a first come first serve basis. Must like cats.

Mirai, Penguin Highway and Miss Modern for sure. Might do Wolf Children too since I've not actually bothered to watch my BD of it yet...
Not going to SLA but I'll visit since you have cats ;)

I'm thinking of going Friday to Monday, can anyone suggest where to stay, needs to have a car park or be near one (one where I can leave my car from Friday to Monday)

Birdie, check airbnb and stuff. There's a site that lets you rent apartments. Myself and 8 others have rented 2 apartments between us. I'm afraid I don't know the name as my friend booked.

Birdie, check airbnb and stuff. There's a site that lets you rent apartments. Myself and 8 others have rented 2 apartments between us. I'm afraid I don't know the name as my friend booked.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've had to cancel going for the full weekend. I might still be able to come for My Hero, but we shall see.

Ok roll call.

Who is there this weekend, when at what showings? :)

I'm not seeing Blame on Friday so gonna grab noms, anyone free?
Probably passing on Mirai even though I have a ticket as I'll go see it beginning of November and can't hack 3 in a row on Saturday me nothinks so again free then.
Not seeing any of the last films on Saturday or Sunday so again, free! :)

PM and grab my number if anyone wants to try and meet for food and/or drinks. I have an apartment too that we renting so can always hang there for ease is preferred and if it's ok with me 3 roomies. They at all last showings anyway :p

Back