Samurai Champloo

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Bought this manga online so didn't know much about it, infact I assumed it would be the anime series (which rocked) in manga form. But oh no its something entirely new. Just read the first manga and I have to say I was very much surprised that its all new stories, well apart from how they all meet but that is a great story on its own.

Chapter 4 is the best in my opinion. Mugen getting drunk with the Shogun while his assassins try to take him out, brilliant.

Espy said:
The first volume was good. I didn't like the second volume for reasons I couldn't lay my finger on.

At the moment I have so many other mangas to read I can't even think of moving on with the Champloo series but I really wanna see the new stories. its like a whole different series and I've really been missing the anime

I really didn't like it...I read through all of vol 1, but nothing in there interested me at all. I won't be making any effort to read any more.

I've been meaning to get a hold of the manga since i started watching the anime, but never really got the chance due to lack of money..but i have some now so i'm gonna get a couple of the volumes to see what its like

Arbalest said:
... i'm gonna get a couple of the volumes to see what its like
You get a couple of volumes and you've finished it, there's only 2 volumes in the series! It's good that it's short and sweet and doesn't risk outstaying its welcome.

I've read the frist volume and liked it a lot. Basically because it's damn funny. I've got the second volume and just need the time to read it.

Now all I gotta do is get the anime... :lol:

Ushio said:
Arbalest said:
... i'm gonna get a couple of the volumes to see what its like
You get a couple of volumes and you've finished it, there's only 2 volumes in the series! It's good that it's short and sweet and doesn't risk outstaying its welcome.

Cool that means its a cheap series to collect

Karmatwisted said:
man that was close, I thought you wre going to give away the ending of the anime, which I literally bought today lawl.

I better steer clear of this thread x(

We wouldn't be that cruel here, that'd just be mean. Besides I like most of the end its the only way I could see it going really.

Look forward to the baseball and graphitti episodes there two of the best in my opinion.

I picked up the first two volumes, having loved the anime but didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

Something about Jin's character in the manga kinda misses out on what I found appealing about him in the anime.

Back