s-CRY-ed/Scryed!

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I have just finished watching Scryed and boy was it good! I'm not sure I would class it as a typical fighting anime, I found it thoroughly engrossing and extremely well done.

Kazuma is a Native Alter living in the Lost Ground, his policy is fight first ask questions later and earns a living by taking on jobs no one else wants to do. He has a best mate called Kimishima and lives with (in the innocent way!) a sweet young girl called Kanami.
Alters are a select number of children who have been affected by a disaster that occurred 22 years earlier, they are able to use special powers enabling them to metamorph, some of the stranger Alters included a vending machine!! Human nature being what it is, mankind fear the Alters and so a special group called HOLD is formed in order to uphold the peace. HOLD is run by strong level Alter users and a special task force called HOLY are in charge of bringing Kazuma and other rogue Native Alters into custody.

Personally I couldn't find a single fault with this anime, even though I tried. I didn't want to admit that a shounen based anime could get a 10 out of 10 from me :lol: but a 10 is what it deserves!
The animation is flawless, the theme songs and BGM fits perfectly into the whole show, the characters fit with the show perfectly, the voice actors fits the characters perfectly, the story is intriguing and engrossing, with never a dull moment, the fight scenes are animated to perfection. No, I couldn't find a single flaw anywhere!! I found the Alters metamorphisis to be entertaining and a refreshingly new concept on the basic fight anime. There's plenty to entertain a guy, even a couple of cute girls and plenty of eye candy for female viewers in the form of Kazuma, Tachibana and more importantly, Ryuho, if a fight based anime can't entertain you for too long :wink:
Scryed is definitely up in my top 5 shounen based anime and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

I just finished watching the first episode (planning to watch the rest later tonight) and I'm quite impressed. Not much has happened yet but I can tell I'm going to really like this series. The action seems very stylish and filled with tension, and with emphasis on Kazuma's hand movements reminds me of Naruto.

Also, Goro Taniguchi is one of my favourite anime directors. I LOVED PlanetES and Infinite Ryvius and it's obvious that him and his creative team are developing a fine consistent style. The music is a lot like PlanetES, full of trumpets, and the character designs look a lot like Infinate Ryvius, so basically, I'm really up for watching the rest of this now.

Incidently, Taniguchi and his team's next project is "Gun X Sword" ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=4920 ). I can't wait to see this. It starts airing in Japan in July.

Well I'm glad to see that at least one other person seems to be enjoying Scryed :D I was beginning to think I was the only person who'd seen it :(

I've still only watched the first two episode, frustratedly still waiting for my sister to get in the mood to watch the rest of the dvd with me

I finally got a chance to finish watching my first volume of S-cry-ED the other day. I have to say i really enjoyed this first volume, the characters seem great so far, and i'm looking forward to finding out more about all of them in the future volumes :)

Starting coming on Adult swim? I thought I was the only one who had seen it :oops: well I just am mixed up..the last ep I watched is when those two guys were telling each other that they were kinda of envious and then one of them blew the other away..that was cool. Love that show!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should use spoiler tags for things like that, as not everyone has seen it and even though you didn't name names, it's still giving away a little too much info!

A bit behind the times perhaps but I finally rented the first volume of S-CRY-ed. Watched the first three episodes so far and it's pretty enjoyable stuff, although I have to admit there isn't much character development yet- but from what you've said before, Miaka-chan, we'll get to see some of that in later episodes. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more.

I watched the first 4 episodes yesterday, I wasn't sure whether I liked it after the first ep but by the end of the dvd i was really enjoying it. i am quite looking forward to getting the next volume.

I really enjoyrf this siere alot when i watch it ages ago. it was the frist time i had seen anything like it and i really enjoy these types of shows. if you like this seire you should give E's Otherwise a shot as it has the same sort of feel and the story are like each other.

Back