ROW, ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!!! Gurren Lagann complete simulwatch

João Gomes

Great Teacher
@Neil.T I kinda wanted to let that be the last post of the thread, with it being so good and all but I can't help finding that story cool and yeah, this is without a doubt, one of the best examples for finding positive inspiration.

There are not a whole lot of characters like Simon that come to mind when talking anime, we've been over this but his is a tremendous character indeed and the core of what the series is. Everything else is great, yes, but Simon is undoubtedly the most interesting and important part.

I think that barring specific technical insight that one may have concerning a series or its creators/staff (which is harder to come by, 'cause you know, everyone has internet), mixing a bit of your own experiences and opening up a bit is about the only way to enrich the stuff we write here every now and then, so I loved your post.

I love that I happened to be on an anime watching mood at the right time and so I was lucky to share this with you all and I'm happy you were the one to host this simulwatch!

Loved it, truly.

FAVORITE LAGANN RE-WATCH AT THE VERY LEAST. 🔥 🔥 🔥

Sorry, wouldn't be the same without annoying text in caps and fire emojis 🤷‍♂️

Neil.T

Claymore
@João Gomes:

I was honestly hoping that my post wouldn't be the last in the thread, so I'm very happy for the reply, João. I'd always want any one of my posts to be a potential jumping-off point for another discussion rather than any kind of "last word" on a subject.

But truly, for the reasons I've shared on the previous page, this simulwatch has been a dream come true for me, and it's been a very real privilege to be the one to organise the thread for it as well. I'm so pleased you enjoyed that post of mine, João, because that honestly is what Gurren Lagann means to me, and I'm glad it didn't come across as too self-indulgent to you.

I think that the best artistic works will always be those that reveal something about their creator but also allow the audience to see a part of their own self in them as well. I feel like this series does exactly that, and so I wanted to give back a bit of my own personal experience in return.

I love Gurren Lagann not only for the compelling story that it is in its own right, but also for what it's given to me on a very personal level, and I wanted to try to bring that across.