Romantic Comedies?

Kanon's good! There are some good comedy moments in Clannad too! You will need a box of tissues when watching them though as they do have alot of sad scenes.. :p

mangaman74 said:
A list of Harem according to Wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:H ... _and_manga

A list of rom-com according to Wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:R ... _and_manga

According to the above Love Hina & Ai Yori Aoishi are harem shows while Oh! My Goddess, Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2 are rom-com
wiki said:
:Harem is an informal term used to describe a trend in Japanese anime or comics wherein a single male character is surrounded by multiple female characters
Both ranma and ah my goddess have multiple female characters after the male lead, so that's why I said they had harem elements. It's not the shows focus though.

mangaman74 said:
Other rom-coms listed include Marmalade Boy, My-Hime, Video Girl Ai, Steel Angel Kurumi, El Hazard, School Rumble, Chobits, Ouran High School, Please Teacher/Please Twins, Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens, Kimagure Orange Road, Kodocha and The Familiar of Zero to name a few.
many great animes here, but hardly rom-com.
My-Hime ? El Hazard? this list doens't seem right to me

chaos said:
Both ranma and ah my goddess have multiple female characters after the male lead, so that's why I said they had harem elements. It's not the shows focus though.
Surely a rom-com/harem would be best for iisan anyway as there are plenty of Harem elements in Toradora.

Oh, and sorry for calling you Surely. :p

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Surely a rom-com/harem would be best for iisan anyway as there are plenty of Harem elements in Toradora.

Oh, and sorry for calling you Surely. :p
Haha, that might be true but I actually didn't realise Toradora was a harem until about 3/4ths through the anime. I've also seen shuffle, but the harem elements just kind of annoyed me in that, I felt it got better once the focus was on one girl.

I'm actually watching Kare Kano at the moment, which is excellent, thanks for the reccomendation, chaos. Lots of negative reviews about the second half of the series put me off importing the DVDs straight away, but I've enjoyed it so much I reaaally hope it stays this good. I'll probably read the manga too anyway.

Back