Riding Bean

Martin

Death Scythe
After a few pints at the local followed by chilling out in front of a mate's TV, i saw what appeared to be an obscure OVA that can best be described as an anime version of Mad Max, set in the US...this one. from what i can remember, the animation isn't up to much and it seems a bit far-fetched but it was pretty entertaining at the time.

ive seen this and thought it was preety cool, the car with the wheels that go at right angles alowing the car to drive side ways is my fav bit

Ah Riding Bean you gotta love anything with a car made out of battleship armour :twisted: And the fact the female lead is Rally Vincent of Gunsmith Cats fame helps :D I was actually looking forward to the R2 release of this and i was once set up buy it but then realised it was dub only :(

btw for those interested heres the full description of the car taken from ANN
The full name of Bean's car is Buff the Roadbuster. It's built on a Porsche chassis with a Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray engine block. The body is made of 5mm battleship armor plate and the windows are a combination of bulletproof glass and Lexgard. One reason why Bean's courier rates are so high is due to the fact that Buff costs $1,000,000 to build and gets lousy gas mileage.

I saw a freinds vidio of this a fair while ago . Must say I totally hated it , at the time had no idea it was anime, just considered it a "awful cartoon". Definately not something I'd want to see again.

I can remember watching it and thinking it was pretty damn cool. Quite funny from what I can remember. Reminded me a bit of Smokey and the Bandit cos he kept pissing the cops off.

I remember the first time I watched Riding Bean: It was on a few years ago on the Sci-Fi Channel at 3am in the morning! lol :twisted:

I found it surprisingly enjoyable and liked it so much I got the US version of the DVD as it has the Japanese/subs and English dub.

It's not anything groundbreaking but you can't go wrong with 45 mins of teh Riding Bean! :)
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 500 HISTORY

Back