Review: Samurai Champloo #6

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Andy Glass said:
This volume represents both the highs and the lows of the series, but serves to remind of Samurai Champloo’s nature as an experimental medium. Even if the tests here aren’t entirely successful, you’ve got to respect it for trying something a bit different. As it rolls on towards it conclusion, this is one title that proves it’s still an enjoyable way to pass the time.

Click here to read the full review.

Agree with this review? What do you think of Samurai Champloo #6?

The zombie episode was actually one of my highlights of Samurai Champloo. As far as I can tell, it isn't supposed to be supernatural- it's just them tripping on some dodgy mushrooms they eat at the start of the episode; kinda like the "Toys in the Attic" episode of Cowboy Bebop! I tend to prefer experimental anime though, especially in a series as episodic as Champloo- it's quite refreshing!

Same here, Guyver, i've only watched the subbed and loved it, one of my best and favourite series. My favourite two episodes are where they play Baseball against the yanks (laugh out loud funny) and when Muygen learns to read and write.

Awesome

I love Samurai Champloo, and i enjoyed volume 6, though it certainly wasn't my favourite volume. I really enjoy the experimental style of the series, but i prefer the episodes that are more on track with the story. I often find myself saying to my sister 'heres another one of those weird episodes again', though they are usually the funniest.
I can't believe theres only three episodes left, i think i will be very sad when it finishes, i want another series

I've seen the entire sub of Champuru, great series, bad ending, Mugen's voice is just pure ownage.

I liked the Zombie episode too, it was a change from the usual, Samurai blade swinging stuff.

I really liked the ending, I thought the fight was good and the out come was moody and when they part, they part as friends which Muygen and Jin will never admit to being. Plus the end fight does make you question will they live through it or kill off a character or two

My fave ep. will always be the baseball one, with the graphitti epsisode and the first ep being a close seconds as I love the fight scene where they break out of jail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back