Review: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #5

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Over the weekend I was able to pen my thoughts on the fifth volume of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, out now in the UK from Manga Ent..<ul class="menu2">"Much of what you have come to expect from Stand Alone Complex is present on this fifth volume without ever moving beyond the tried and tested formula of quick fire action and bizarre futuristic technology. In short, it’s predictable crime fighting fun right up until we rejoin the labyrinthine Laughing Man case and all I have left to say is what a cliff hanging note to leave us on!"</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=195">Read the full review</a>.

I was glad that in the first episode on this disc (set in London) the dub didnt go down the easy route of given every one mockeny accents.

I wasn't so keen on this disc (I wasn't on volume 4 either) , I just found the majority of it fairly dull and riddled with over complex dialogue. However the action bits were good. The next two discs are going to cement whether I will bother with second gig or not, but #4 and #5 have left me feeling cold unlike the first 3 volumes.

Well 6 and 7 are alot more action orientated but they do have some complex dialouge and such. However 2nd GIG has a differant feel too it over all, more tense, more dark and more foused on the 'black ops' side of Section 9's role so it doesnt have as much complex dialouge and such

I'm one of those impatient types (I originally had GITS: SAC on FanSub) so I imported this series from the USA (you get better freebies with it too). I can honestly say it just gets better and better, with the last episode leaving you reeling.

I don't think I'll be buying the 2ng GIG though...

Back