Revelation No Longer Distributing For Funimation?

Reevothemusefan said:
And I just recently bought Beck volumes 1-3 *facepalm*

O YAAARR!!??

Well I bouht 4 volume of beck and 3 of school rumble with
that stupid tin box ARGG I can't get that tin box out of my mind
WHAT DO I PUT IN IT!!!???? :cry:

That's it no more random anime buys
I'll just watch it online save money only get it if I really really want it

Technically speaking, do Revelation actually own licenses on these titles or are they merely just a distributor and way of communication by FUNi to the UK.

Plus, damn. I own 4 Beck volumes. I would have thought by now it was all released, and I just haven't picked up the DVDs... guess not.

I've got all the current releases for Suzuka and School Rumble from Revelations. Guess the only way to complete them is going through the import route

CloudedMinds said:
I've got all the current releases for Suzuka and School Rumble from Revelations. Guess the only way to complete them is going through the import route

Both of which have had box sets not too long ago in the US which probably cost less than two single DVDs in the UK. Suzuka is £15 on playusa at the moment.

Mohawk52 said:
So if Manga are now the UK distributor, why haven't they picked up the titles that haven't been finished by Revelation then? Seems a bit silly not doing that IMO.
The deal between Manga and FUNimation is a licensing one rather than distribution. At the time the deal was to licence a number of shows whilst Revelation would continue to plod on with their schedule. If Manga were to continue distribution of these titles they would either start from the beginning (unlikely) or release them straight to boxed set, which given Manga's current strategy and the amount of time that has passed is most likely. All of which is assuming that Manga will licence the shows at all.

Dracos said:
CloudedMinds said:

Both of which have had box sets not too long ago in the US which probably cost less than two single DVDs in the UK. Suzuka is £15 on playusa at the moment.

you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

Jayme said:
Technically speaking, do Revelation actually own licenses on these titles or are they merely just a distributor and way of communication by FUNi to the UK.

They've always been a distrubutor for Funi.

Revelation and Funimation are sister companies under the aegis of Navarre, and back when Funi were distributing through MVM, it was thought to be a good idea (read cheaper) to keep it inhouse-ish.

Part of me is ok with this, another part is worried that Manga will screw the pooch like what they did with Ouran's sign subs.

And if they start puting shows like Keroro Gunsou, which doesn't only just have Sign subs but a gag sub track (don't ask, grab a proxy and watch it for yourself on Funi's site) they're going to have to show everything or it won't make sence.

As far as Sgt. Frog makes sence, anyway.

If this is true then...

BUNCH OF MOTHER****ERS!!!!! :x :x :x

They only have a few unrelesed volumes to go, what the F*** is the point of stopping now?

F***ERS

Tasker said:
They only have a few unrelesed volumes to go, what the F*** is the point of stopping now?
Because Funimation would probably sue the pants off them if they did? They've taken the license away from them or something haven't they?

It does suck though...

I own three volumes of Beck, IIRC, but I've never watched them, so it's not like I'm in any mood to rage just yet. I mean I DO own all volumes of YYH that got released here.

Back