Replace glitched Stand Alone Complex #4

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Eyeonanime.co.uk have noticed that Manga Ent. UK are offering fans a chance to return their defective copies of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #4 for replacement. If you're copy is one of those suffering with glitches, be sure to check out their official site for more information.

Seeing as it took me about a month to recive a copy of GitS #4 , im kinda reluctant to send it off again for another wait. The audio on it really is a bad quality but its watchable and a part of the series I didnt think was that great anyway.

However it is good that Manga are offering this, shame the first 3 discs all had problems on them too ;) .

Mangaminx said:
However it is good that Manga are offering this, shame the first 3 discs all had problems on them too ;) .

Yeah, but at least they're addressing the problems now.

Hopefully this is a sign that they'll support their products in future. It'll give me a bit more (not much more mind you :lol: ) confidence the next time I'm buying a Manga purchase.

If I'm honest I was expecting them to ignore the issues altogether, so I'm glad they're trying to sort things out now, if in even a small way. They never answered my e-mails about the problems with the previous discs (And I were right polite too) anyway, so maybe they will in future. Who knows.

What problems were there with the first 3 vols? I had no problems with mine. Well, at least no problems that were noticable

Volume 3 I had the picture split up on both discs a fair bit (tried it on a few DVD's players).

Volume 2 I had similar problems and some audio glitches.

Volume 1 was actually the best one, but it does have the well publicized subtitle sync problem.

Mangaminx said:
Volume 3 I had the picture split up on both discs a fair bit (tried it on a few DVD's players).

Volume 2 I had similar problems and some audio glitches.

Volume 1 was actually the best one, but it does have the well publicized subtitle sync problem.

That's why I've not bought the UK release

Why do we get all the faulty DVD's...

It's not just GITS SAC, its loads of ADV titles too, as i have mentioned in other threads...

They really need 2 get this problem sorted out :?

Does anyone have any idea how long the exchange for GitS:SAC Vol. 4 would take, if I sent my copy back to Manga Ent? Mine is faulty and I've already replaced it once, in store, so would love to get it swapped by Manga themselves to make sure its ok. Problem is, I'm moving in a month so I don't want to send away and it take 3 months to return.

Qualia, I am not going to click the link in your sig. Especially not when the URL includes the word "brains".

Just thought I'd let you know. Me like brains. Brains needed for smart-making. :idea:

If anyone has sent theres in and is wodering why its taking so long its due to that fire. Yeah the same fire that knocked MVM for six this month.

Funnily enough Volume 4 of the American release had to be returned by purchasers when Manga realised they had put the wrong labels on the DVDs. The DTS version was labelled Dolby 5.1 and the Dolby 5.1 version was labelled DTS. No problems with sound quality, and all my version are pretty good, I've got no complaints so far...

Got my dvd today :)

I sent my faulty dvd off to Manga Ent. a few weeks ago and finally got the replacement in the post today.
The new dvd isnt faulty at all, which is excellent, cos ive been waiting to watch this vol for a while now.
I was also suprised to find in the envelope a free copy of the live action film Tokyo Fist :eek: Im not sure if this was included for the delivery taking a while or whether its Manga's way of apologising for the faulty dvd. Either way, its good to see Manga taking responsibility for thier mistakes, and Kudos and a Big Two Thumbs Up goes to them for the free dvd :D :D

Back