Region 1 help!!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Hey guys was wondering if you guys could help me out. I am looking at sereval anime shows on region 1 and I was wondering if you guys could give me some your impressions of it.

GTO
Magic Knights Rayearth
Gokusen
Mabraho
Happy Lesson
Gravion Zwei

Keep in mind some of these shows are hard to get consideing that both Mabraho, Happy Lesson and Gravion Zwei were relased by ADV who went out of business in 2009 and they are almost impossible to get (though I was able to get the Gravion/Gravion Zwei boxset)

While I would say go for GTO and Magic Knights Rayearth, if you want the old ADV shows you might be better off getting them first while you still can (UP1 has Maburaho in stock plus Happy Lesson & Gravion are available from amazon.co.uk/amazon.com markettraders).

As for Gokusen - this is similar (although shorter in length) to GTO only with a female teacher instead, so I would say if you are getting GTO then get this at a later date.

I like Rayearth and would love to own it (at least, more than the one disc I have now). You can try out Maburaho for yourself on Crunchyroll. If you'd seen the original Gravion (which was released in the UK) then you'd know what to expect, and if you haven't there doesn't seem much point.

Gotta be Magic Knight Rayearth a personal alltime fave of mine and one of Clamps finest shows and the remastered boxsets are beautiful United Publications have them in stock at the moment season 1(£21.84)and season 2(£23.40),both sets are packed full of a amazing extras and the actual show itself has never looked and sounded better now that it is remastered.

Gravion Zwei - Just more gravion really. Nothing especially new.

MabUraho - Your pretty average comedy/romance/harem business. Nothing made it particularly good, but at the same time, it wasn't bad by any means.

Back