Regarding Manga UK's, Naruto Unleashed releases....

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
there was a similair thread about what i am about to talk about but i couldnt find it, even using the search tool. anywho i just wanted some answers regarding their release of Naruto.
Basically, from what i know, the first few volumes of Naruto from MANGA, supposadly had bad english subtitles, or dub-titles...
however i would like to know, does this improve and have proper translated eng subs or are they still being released with dubtitles/bad translation?

i ask this because i was about to stop collecting the series because i was getting the R1 LE versions which are expensive.... and i started to really like Naruto again after catching up on the latest manga chapters and stuff...

so whats your say on Manga's release of naruto???

I think more people were up in arms about manga translating 'Ramen' as 'Pot Noodles' more than the dubtitles. :p

From Series 3:1 onwards the subtitles have been -- as far as I can tell -- decent. They aren't 'dubtitles' any longer, I believe (like Series 2:2) but I'm not sure how the translations measure up against the R1 releases.

Do the Viz releases include honorifics, and the like? If so, these are not present in Manga's releases.

I'm quite happy with the sets, personally. The dub is uncut, too, in terms of dialogue -- and this shows in Series 3:1 and 3:2. So, perhaps, if you find the subtitles below par, the dub will prove satisfying, given that it's a rather faithful adaptation.

Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:
I think more people were up in arms about manga translating 'Ramen' as 'Pot Noodles' more than the dubtitles. :p

Ramen isn't pot noodle? *shock*
I would have been happy if they just said Noodles. If they were going for Pot Noodles they might as well stuck an advert for them inside the DVD case too.

Sy said:
Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:

I would have been happy if they just said Noodles. If they were going for Pot Noodles they might as well stuck an advert for them inside the DVD case too.

i dunno, i think pizza hut would die for the sub to mention their name everytime C.C eats a slice :D

Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:
Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:

i dunno, i think pizza hut would die for the sub to mention their name everytime C.C eats a slice :D
Hooray for not so subtle product placement in anime.

Sy said:
Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:
Ryo Chan said:
Sy said:

Hooray for not so subtle product placement in anime.

LAWLZ! I LOVE IT!

They wouldn't need to get money from the fast food corporate machine if internet robbers weren't costing them billions and zillions every week!

Back