Record of Grancrest War Volume 1 Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Volume 1 of Record of Grancrest War offers a satisfying entrance into a compelling story about war and demons. Newcomers to the series will probably prefer this to the anime adaption and returning fans of the franchise should find plenty to like here.

Continue reading...

Interesting to read your thoughts on this. I mostly avoid manga adaptations of light novels but this one might be worth checking out; I quite enjoyed the anime despite it's failures, so to hear a positive spin like this makes me hopeful.

Is it more detailed than the anime or does it still suffer from rushing and having to gloss over lots of things?

Interesting to read your thoughts on this. I mostly avoid manga adaptations of light novels but this one might be worth checking out; I quite enjoyed the anime despite it's failures, so to hear a positive spin like this makes me hopeful.

I feel the same about usually avoiding manga adaptions of light novels, but lately I've realised that a few can still be worth your time. Reincarnated into Slime and If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord for example (although the latter mostly just adds to the cute factor).

Is it more detailed than the anime or does it still suffer from rushing and having to gloss over lots of things?

It's hard to say right now because we don't get very far in just this first volume. This volume ends just as Aishela is introduced, which is just before the first big fight and thus far I don't feel like it has been glossing over things too much, but I wouldn't say it's more detailed than the anime either. I'd have to read more to get a better feel for it honestly.

Back