recommendation sites

bamboo-fox

Completely Average High School Student
Hi

Just wanted to ask where the best place is to get new updates/ ideas about anime to watch. I seem to spend forever picking what series to watch next, but never sure where to go, or where to start to look for a series recommendation.

I tend to cold pick anime, but wondered what you peeps did ?

Any recommendations of sites etc would be great !

Many thanks

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Unfortunately a lot of other sites are not ones we try to promote, due to the level of prominence they give to fansubs and such.

I like to google for the phrase "random anime season previews" to find out about upcoming shows I'm not familiar with.

I probably spend too much time thinking about what to watch and not enough time watching things. I find that just forcing myself to put something on often works, since I'll usually put on something that I did want to watch in the first place. I'm still bad at doing it though. Alternatively, I sometimes try and think of something to watch in advance, then build my anticipation a bit so that I'm ready to go when I have the chance. It's easier with something I've ordered but then if there's a delay it's harder to watch anything else in-between.

I guess that's not really helping but I find that I tend to watch things based on my own research rather than recommendations and it generally works quite well for me. That said, I do have kind of broad tastes so it's easier to find something that'll appeal rather than always looking for a specific genre. Still, if you do find yourself looking for "shows like Show X" all the time then maybe it wouldn't hurt to mix things up and watch something a bit different. Even in a genre you're not normally fond of there can still be shows that might surprise you.

Back