Re-try =D

Mini Mariah

Straw Hat Pirate
Ok I have re-written something that I wrote a while back xD
It was very HARRY POTTER *GASP*! But now, it's a little better ^^
Whaddya think?

Becca stepped out onto the strongly lit grounds of a huge building. A strong wind swept her red hair from her face and she looked up at her new school for the first time, it wasn’t a comforting sight. Although a joyful buzz seemed to ebb from the ancient stone, something dark seemed to loom over the high roof. Shaking her head at herself, Becca looked back at her mother sitting in the car and to her horror, tears were splashing down her mother’s face onto the car steering wheel. Becca suddenly felt a twinge of her childhood come back, from when she used to cling to her parent's hands when she went to nursery. She sat back down and wrapped her arms around her mother’s shaking shoulders.
‘It’ll be ok mum, I’ll write every week, and I’ll see you soon’ Her mother looked up, and her face cracked into a wide, watery smile.
‘I know darling, just…look after yourself’’
Becca smiled back and squeezed her mother’s shoulders, then proceeded to slide out of the car, remove her luggage from the back of the car and walk towards her new future, all the while whispering to herself.
‘I’ll be fine, everything will be ok!’

Fay glared at the high, almost pompous building with a mixture of hate and disgust. She pulled up the hood to her coat and proceeded through the brass doors with the other ‘Chosen Few’. As the doors began to close she looked back and caught a glimpse of the other students, signing into their new school happily.
‘Miss Haslam, please hurry up’ A woman in a plaid suit walked towards her and began to tug on the sleeve to pull her along, Fay reluctantly followed, walking at a quicker pace than usual. She and the others were led into a huge office, the walls were covered in portraits and tapestries which gave the room a heavy feeling. Fay slumped herself down into a dusty chair and shut her mind off from her surroundings, her mind swam to her hometown, and her house which would by now be stood alone, empty…
‘Fay Haslam? ’ A sharp voice barked out, Fay jumped slightly in her chair and looked up, the head teacher, Mrs Kelly glared at her for a moment, then proceeded.
‘Like I was saying, it’s your responsibility to look after these students and to set examples, so I expect nothing but good behaviour from all of you’ Fay made a small noise of disgust and flicked her dark hair back behind her shoulder, Mrs Kelly didn’t seem to hear her.
‘And I am very pleased to have students such as yourselves in my school, now, I trust you all know where your dormitories are, please go and relax until tomorrow’ The ‘Chosen Few’ filed out of the room, Fay hung back for a moment to avoid the bustle of people and she glanced at the headmistress, whose stare was burning into her eyes as if to say ’I’ll be keeping an eye on you’.

C+C Please?

BRILLIANT.Great attention to detail.
Loved when you called the building "pompous".
Feels proffessional.
You should definitly post more pieces.

Back