Rate the Last Film You Watched

johnnyy

Completely Average High School Student
Knives out. 9/10
A little bit like a murder / mystery even with a off the cheek comment about cluedo.
I quite enjoyed it although Daniel Craig's accent was a bit suspect

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
_ZvSHeo0.jpg
Ventured out to see Muse: Simulation Theory (Directed by Lance Drake) last night. An interesting experiment of a film that combines concert footage with a sci-fi narrative. A fantastic showcase of the themes Muse have focused on in their recent album cycle with heavy 80s influences in its vibrant visuals and synthwave interludes. While the plot does sag in the middle it picks right back up with an absolutely ridiculous ending that fits Muse's over the top style to perfection. A fitting end to one of their best album cycles.

johnnyy

Completely Average High School Student
District 9 - 8/10
I had forgotten how good this actually was and probably says more about society now than it did when it was first released.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Danger: Diabolik (1968)

A seductive blend of glamour, violence and anarchic nihilism, Danger: Diabolik feels like the sort of movie that could only have come out of Italy at that time. Like a (slightly) more serious version of Lupin III, the excellently eyebrowed John Phillip Law stars as the titular master thief, battling against the mafia, the police and the government itself, as he steals priceless treasures to offer as tokens of affection for his lover, the exquisitely statuesque Eva (Marisa Mell). It's quite episodic and would have benefitted from something to tie his adventures together, but it's tremendously good, psychedelic fun, with a small, scene stealing role for Terry Thomas as a scenery-chewing politician.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
The Platform (2019)

A gory, but intriguing, Spanish horror film that sees two men awake in a bleak vertical prison, where the only source of food is an enormous banquet passed from the top to the bottom via an elevator that stops at every floor. It's not hard to get a sense of what they're doing within the first few moments, and the ending holds no great surprises, but the journey between the two points is quite riveting, packing in plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. Would recommend.

zrdb

Student Council President
Mulan-(live version), I can't believe that people are shelling out $30 to stream this drivel. I didn't pay to watch it but if I did I would've demanded my money back.