Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Ergo Proxy

It’s been a couple of weeks since I finished this show, but it’s taken me a while to really gather my thoughts on it.

Even if I don't feel it always quite succeeds in what it sets out to do, Ergo Proxy is a work of distinctive and original vision, that I think sets it apart from the general milleu of sci-fi anime. It did, however, take me a couple of attempts to get into it, partly because I think the many, many outlets that label it as ‘cyberpunk’ consistently lead me to believe the show would go down a path that it patently has no interest in.

While the first episode certainly has all the trappings of a cyberpunk thriller, the series quickly diverges from the usual anti-corporate ‘high tech/low lives’ tropes to go off on a journey more akin to Greek myth than hard boiled detective fiction. Even its philosophical considerations are quite different, picking up on gnostic ideas of personal theological enlightenment rather than the typical transhumanist dilemmas. In literary terms, it feels closer to the sort of thing J.G. Ballard used to turn out, rather than William Gibson. Anime wise, I think it’s more Galaxy Express than Ghost in the Shell.

Unforunately, it’s less accessible than a lot of its contemporaries. It wrongfoots the viewer about what its narrative intentions are on quite a few occasions along the way and at times proves wilfully obscure, dropping the audience into new situations without much warning and lacking the kind of straightforward core story that a lot of more challenging shows like to hang their stranger moments on.

Having persevered with it, however, I think it is still quietly rewarding to watch Re-L and Vincent stagger across their peculiar post-apocalyptic landscape; their journey is rarely predictable and the show always seems to have a fresh take on what they find along the way. Despite its typically melancholic mood, the series also frequently indulges in whimsical little flourishes that really breathe life into its potentially drab setting. It's a shame that some of these weren't pushed a little more into the foreground, but things like the characters appearance on a gaudy gameshow, their cabin-fevered debate on how best to eat beans or the low-key nods to the French revolution in the background all help build its unique identity.

Not sure it's something I'd recommend to everyone, but I'm glad I came back and finished Ergo Proxy, it's the sort of thoughtful sci-fi adventure I wish we saw more often.

I've always loved Ergo Proxy. It was one of the earliest animes I ever watched alongside Ghost in the Shell, Noein, Texhnolyze, Death Note, Claymore, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Darker Than Black. As a group they've set a tone for what I generally feel is anime at it's best. Thoughtful but also willing to be completely crazy with how far it takes ideas and how they are presented.

Good list of anime there (except for the mecha of NGE, lol), WMD - We definitely have similar tastes in anime.

Back then dark SciFi was all I wanted to watch. It wasnt until I watched Full Metal Panic Fumoffu that I released other genres (especially comedies when they go completely off the wall) can also be great.

Though I do wish the anime Sci Fi genre would go back to the early noughties dark madness. Although very different I'd say Madoka Magica is probably the show of the last decade to best fit with that style.

Back then dark SciFi was all I wanted to watch. It wasnt until I watched Full Metal Panic Fumoffu that I released other genres (especially comedies when they go completely off the wall) can also be great.

Aaand, you totally ruined our mutual tastes with the comedy part, lol - No comedy for me! I've got the FMP box set and Fumoffu will forever remain sealed/unwatched. There's almost too much comedy just in Season 1 for me, I have to struggle some to even get through that. Not to mention all the mecha, lol. I hope 2nd Raid and IV are a bit more serious...

Last edited:
Aaand, you totally ruined our mutual tastes with the comedy part, lol - No comedy for me! I've got the FMP box set and Fumoffu will forever remain sealed/unwatched. There's almost too much comedy just in Season 1 for me, I have to struggle some to even get through that. Not to mention all the mecha, lol. I hope 2nd Raid and IV are a bit more serious...
Haha. I mean these days I'm pretty open to any genre of anime. My collection is pretty big now and the only anime I couldnt finish was Maid Sama.

2nd Raid pretty much does away with the highschool comedy stuff. In fact as far as I'm aware the reason Fumoffu exists is because none of that stuff would fit in the second raid storyline so rather than mix and match between the two styles (military/highschool) they split them into 2 different shows.

Well it's that time again wherein I collate all the anime I've watched for the year and put them in one place alongside my ratings for them:
January 2019:
Absolute Duo (Funimationnow) 3/5
And you thought there is never a girl online (FunimationNow) 3.5/5
Awakawa Under the Bridge 3.5/5
Big Windup! (Funimationnow) 3.5/5
Bikini Warriors (Funimationnow) 1.5/5
Brave 10 3/5
B: The Beginning (Netflix) 4/5
Coyote Ragtime Show (Funimationnow) 3.5/5
Dagashi Kashi 2 (Funimationnow) 3.5/5
Daimidaler 3.5/5
Danchigai (Crunchyroll) 3/5
Days (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Days OVAs 3.5/5
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation 3/5
Dimension W 4/5
Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan (Netflix) 3.5/5
Drifters 4/5
Elegant Yokai Apartment Life (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Free! Starting Days (Film) 3.5/5
Free! Movie 1: Timeless Medley-Kizuna (Film) 3.5/5
Free! Movie 2: Timeless Medley-Yakusoku (Film) 3.5/5
Free! -Take your Marks- (Film) 3.5/5
Garden of Words (Film) 4/5
Genius Party (Film) 3.5/5
Genius Party Beyond (Film) 3.5/5
Gintama° (episodes 266-316) (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Gintama. (episodes 317-328) (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Gintama.: Porori-Hen (episodes 329-341) (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Gintama.: Silver Soul Arc (episodes 342-367) (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Grimgar 3.5/5
<harmony/> (Film) 3/5
High School DxD 3/5
High School DxD: New 3.5/5
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 3.5/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Funimationnow Seasonal Anime) 4/5
Tsurune (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5

February 2019:
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II 3.5/5
Iria 3.5/5
Is the Order a Rabbit? (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Is the Order a Rabbit?? (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Kaleido Star: New Wings 3/5
Kamichu! 3.5/5
Kamisama Kiss 3.5/5
Kamisama Kiss Season Two 3.5/5
Kämpfer & Specials 3.5/5
Key The Metal Idol (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Kino's Journey 4/5
---
Seasonal anime:
Radiant (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5

March 2019:
Kino's Journey-The beautiful World- The Animated Series (Funimationnow) 3.5/5
K-ON!! (Rewatch) 4.5/5
K-ON!! 2nd Season (Rewatch) 4.5/5
K-ON!! The Movie (Rewatch) (Film) 4/5
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden 3.5/5
Miss Hokusai (Film) 3/5
Mobile Suit Gundam I (Film) 3.5/5
Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow (Film) 3.5/5
Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space (Film) 3.5/5
Patlabor: The TV Series 4/5
Patlabor: The New Files 3.5/5
Photo Kano 3/5
Piacevole: My Italian Cooking (Crunchyroll) 2.5/5
Princess Principal 4/5
ReLIFE (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
ReLIFE Final Arc (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Re:Zero (Crunchyroll) 4/5
Sakura Trick 3/5
Skip Beat 4/5
Slow Start (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Steins;Gate: The Movie-Load Region of Dèjá Vu (Film) 3.5/5
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar 4/5
The Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons 3/5
The Pilot's Love Song 3/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Boogiepop and Others (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Date A Live III (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
ENDRO! (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Girly Air Force (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Grimms Notes: The Animation (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
My Roommate is a Cat (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
Mysteria Friends (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 2.5/5
Run with the Wind (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
The Magnificent Kotobuki (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
The Promised Neverland (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5

April 2019:
Vandread: The Second Stage 3.5/5
Voice of a Distant Star 3/5
WWW.Working!! (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Zillion 3.5/5
---
Ace of Diamond (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Ace of Diamond: Second Season (Crunchyroll) 4/5
A.I.C.O. Incarnation (Netflix) 3.5/5
Alice & Zoroku (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
All Out!! (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Anime-Gataris (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Anne-Happy (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
BanG Dream! (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
BanG Dream! 2nd Season (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Berserk (Rewatch) 5/5
Berserk (2016) (Rewatch) 4/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Simuldub) (Funimationnow Seasonal Anime) 4/5
A certain Magical Index III (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 2.5/5
Mob Psycho 100 II (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5

May 2019:
Berserk (2017) (Rewatch) 4/5
Blade of the Immortal 3/5
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan 3/5
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan 2 3.5/5
Blue Gender 3.5/5
Blue Gender: The Warrior (Film) 2.5/5
Brigadoon 4/5
Cardcaptor Sakura 4/5
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Carnival Phantasm & Specials 3.5/5
City Hunter 3.5/5
City Hunter 2 3.5/5

June 2019:
Death March to the parallel world Rhapsody 3.5/5
Denki-Gai (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
D.Gray-man 4/5
D.Gray-man Hallow 3.5/5
Dragon Half 3/5
Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures 3.5/5
Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures-Final Frontier OVA 3.5/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
Ao-Chan Can't Study (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Attack on Titan 3rd Season 2nd Part (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
Dororo (Amazon Instant Video Seasonal Anime) 4/5
Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Isekai Quartet (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Midnight Occult Civil Servants (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Sarazanmai (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Senryu Girl (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Yatogame-chan, Kansatsu Nikki (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5

July 2019:
Ebiten 3/5
Ebiten OVA 3/5
Emblem Take 2 3.5/5
Encouragement of Climb Season 3 (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Engaged to the Unidentified 3.5/5
Excel Saga 2.5/5
Flavors of Youth (Film) (Netflix) 3.5/5
Fractale 3/5
Gakuen Alice 3.5/5
Genocyber 2.5/5
Genshiken 3.5/5
Genshiken OVAs 3.5/5
Genshiken Pt.2 3.5/5
Genshiken: Second Season 3.5/5
Genshiken: Second Season OVA 3.5/5
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Rewatch) 4.5/5
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig (Rewatch) 4.5/5
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society (Rewatch) 4/5
Girlish Number (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Girls Last Tour 4/5
GJ Club (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Golden Boy 3.5/5
Grimoire of Zero 3.5/5
Hagane Orchestra (Crunchyroll) 2.5/5
Hakumei and Mikochi (HiDIVE) 3.5/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
Cinderella Girls (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
One Punch Man 2nd Season (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5

August 2019:
HaNaYaMaTa (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Happiness! (Crunchyroll) 3/5
Hidamari Sketch & OVAs (Rewatch) 4/5
Hidamari Sketch x 365 & OVAs (Rewatch) 4/5
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu & OVAs (Rewatch) 4/5
Hidamari Sketch x SP OVA (Rewatch) 4/5
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb & Graduation OVAs (Rewatch) 4/5
Hi-Score Girl & Extra Score OVAs (Netflix) 3.5/5, 4/5
Humanity has Declined 3.5/5
Hunter x Hunter (1999) 4/5
Hunter x Hunter (1999) OVAs 4/5

September 2019:
Inugami-San to Nekoyama-San (Crunchyroll) 3/5
Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Junjo Romantica 2.5/5
Kanamemo (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Komori-San Can't Decline! (Crunchyroll) 3/5
Kokoro Library 3.5/5
Legend of the Galactic Heroes First Part (Season 1) (episodes 1-26) (HiDIVE) 3.5/5
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Second Part (Season 2) (episodes 27-54) (HiDIVE) 4/5
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Third Part (Season 3) (episodes 55-86) (HiDIVE) 4/5
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Fourth Part (Season 4) (episodes 87-110) (HiDIVE) 4/5
Locodol & OVAs (HiDIVE) 3.5/5
---
Seasonal Anime:
A Certain Scientific Accelerator (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Are you Lost? (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Astra Lost in Space 3.5/5
Cop Craft (Funimationnow Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Demon Lord, Retry! 3/5
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Fairy Tail: Final Season (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 2.5/5
Fruits Basket (2019) (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4.5/5
Given (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Granbelm (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 4/5
How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? 3.5/5
If it's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Magical Sempai (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Maidens of the Savage Season (HiDIVE Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
The Demon Girl Next Door (HiDIVE Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Wasteful Days of High School Girl (HiDIVE Seasonal Anime) 4/5

October 2019:
Long Riders (HiDIVE) 3.5/5
Love Lab (HiDIVE) 3.5/5
Love Stage!! (Crunchyroll) 3.5/5
Lupin the 3rd: Bye Bye Lady Liberty (TV Film) 3.5/5
Lupin the 3rd: Goemon's Bloodspray (Film) 4/5
Magical DoReMi 3.5/5
March comes in like a Lion (Rewatch) 4.5/5
Matoi: The Sacred Slayer 3.5/5
Midori Days 3/5
Minami Kamakura High School Cycling Club (Crunchyroll) 3/5

November 2019:
Minami-Ke 3.5/5
Mitsuboshi Colors (HiDIVE) 4/5
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (Film) 3.5/5
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky (Film) 4/5
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 4/5
Momotaro: Sacred Sailors (Film) No Rating Given/5
Monster 4/5
My Love Story (Rewatch) 3.5/5
Myriad Colors Phantom World & OVAs 3.5/5

December 2019:
Naruto (Partial Rewatch) 4/5
Naruto Shippuden (Partial Rewatch) 4.5/5
Natsu no Arashi! 3.5/5
Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu 3/5
Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective 3.5/5
Non-Non Biyori (Rewatch) 4/5
Non-Non Biyori Repeat (Rewatch) 4/5
---
December Seasonal anime:
Africa Salaryman (Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
After School Dice Club (Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Ascendance of a Bookworm (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Assassin's Pride (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Bananya and the Curious Bunch (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Dr. STONE (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Fire Force (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Food Wars! The Fourth Plate (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
No Guns Life (Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Null Peta (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3/5
Outburst Dreamer Boys (HiDIVE Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit (Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5
VINLAND SAGA (Amazon Instant Video Seasonal Anime) 4/5
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 (Crunchyroll Seasonal Anime) 3.5/5

Konosuba season 1&2
Before going to see the movie tomorrow I figured I should watch the series. This is really fun, very silly, at times pretty crude character comedy that manages to click all the pieces together in a way I wouldnt really expect if I'd ever read a synopsis.

The show gets a remarkable amount of mileage out of each characters key characteristic and the fact they are a group of loser misfits makes them so much more endearing especially as they all have good and bad aspects to their personalities. The show is essentially a pastiche of isekei and has a lot of fun with the tropes you'd expect to find.

I watched season 1 in English and its an excellent dub. Annoyingly season 2 doesnt have a dub yet so I was going to watch the Spanish version but after ep 1 its behind a paywall so had the watch it in Japanese with subs. Definitely preferred the dub. Still enjoyed season 2 but I look forward to being able to watch it in English one day.

Not the greatest show ever but still had a lot of fun watching it and I did laugh out loud a few times even watching on my own. 7.5/10

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers: 7/10 (more like 6.7 but not using decimals)
First episode was okay, the next two was painful and then the rest ranged from pretty good to good.
I'm happy that I watched it at the very least, it was fairly entertaining.

Kill la Kill

I can confirm that the third time is, indeed, the charm. This is the third time I've tried watching this series up until the end, and the only one where I've managed to accomplish that. Whew, finally.

I went through many stages watching this, from "pure hype", to "that's so cash", to "OK, maybe the pacing jumps a bit too much all over", to "did we really need this kind of fanservice" to misty eyed at some very low key but beautiful displays of loyalty and friendship, and back to "pure hype".

I was surprised that this was clearly a kinda low budget series. That doesn't stop it from having some great animation (mostly in the first few episodes and towards some of the final ones) and really good CG, but what is most impressive is the ways the animation team use to work around this, from adopting a more cartoonish tone and feel for a good part of the show to using limited frames but always imbuing them with great sense of speed and impact. Eventually you get used to it, and it becomes part of the show's identity.

And what an unmistakable identity it has. Beautiful backgrounds (I love the way clouds, mist and sunlight are displayed), great character design (tits and ass notwithstanding) and those amazing, enormous red Kanji and the way they're used (I love when characters break through them or they just stand there casting shadows over the world).

It also has a great cast of characters that I was very happy to see sticking around until the end of the series, but the best of them all is without a doubt Satsuki. What an outstanding character she is. Determined, strong, intelligent and in control, it's great seeing such a good character in a medium that I don't usually associate with good female characters. I also loved her relationship with the Elite Four as it provided some of the best moments in the series.

I loved the comedic sense of the series, Gamagoori and Mikisugi most of all, but it kinda seemed like they thought Mako was the funniest when really she just became very grating, very fast.

The fanservice took some getting used to, and it's generally not to my liking but, to be fair, from a certain point on, everyone was nekkid. Every. Single. Person. It's what it is. Not ideal, but not a deal-breaker.

8 or 9? It starts great, the school raid kinda breaks the pace more than I would like, and then it ramps up pretty good and wraps up beautifully. 8/10.

43d.gif

D
T
R~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

Lupin III: Fujiko's Lie (2019) English dub

Happy to report that this third entry for Takeshi Koike’s adult-oriented sequence of Lupin films is his best so far, perhaps helped by the cumulative effect of what's come before it.

As this one was clearly going to be a Fujiko-centric story (following adventures for Jigen and Goemon), I was concerned it wouldn't measure up to The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, with the previous two films having struggled to do much with her, and especially as the story here trots out the familiar trope of Fujiko being saddled with a kid to look after.

To my relief, however, it actually manages very well. It isn’t as daring or as clever as the Fujiko TV series, but it does appear to have learned from it, maintaining the pulp-novel sensibility of Koike's previous two films, while still allowing Fujiko agency and depth as a character. Arguably, despite its short runtime, it even manages a degree of subtlty in Fujiko's relationship with the kid which the series was either lacking or overly elusive about.

Even if I'm not aware of him ever having spoken about his intentions, it's clear that Koike intends to continue on with this series, probably into at least another two films, one of which may or may not be a straight up remake of Secret of Mamo, so I think it would be interesting to revisit the whole thing once it's complete. Individually, these films haven't been all I'd hoped for, but once the full picture emerges, it may be something rather special.

I've yet to watch Fujiko, but I loved the previous two movies as kind of character-centric, larger episodes of Lupin with incredible animation and character design. I also loves the Fujiko series and am due for a rewatch.

Are we to assume there will be an episode based on Lupin himself?

I'd love to buy a full set of Koike's take on Lupin, I hope that comes to fruition!

If I was to hazard a guess, I think we'll likely get a film based around Zenigata next, then probably a story centred around Lupin after that.

But yeah, I'm really glad they've kept this adult strand of Lupin anime going. It's not that I don't like the more family-friendly specials and films, but they can be so sanitised at times - the series started as something very much for adults, and it's good to get new content that reflects that every now and then.

I finally finished off Spiral - it's the Revelation (remember them?) DVDs from back in 2007. I bought the volumes as they were released, so it kinda took me a while to get around to watching them.

It's a really interesting series. The OP isn't very popular, but I really like it. The dub was good, apart from one character whose voice was just funny. The ending was poor, but I enjoyed all the rest of it. I'd probably watch it again in another 13 years.

8/10

Just finished Long Riders, if you like cute girls riding bikes then this is the show for you. Having said that I found it to be an enjoyable show, the characters were as true to the various personality types as anything I've ever seen. I'd give it 7 out of 10 possible points.

Cells at Work

Mentioned it a few days ago in the Viewing Journal thread but cant stop thinking about it.

The imagining of the human body as a working city with the cells represented as people is so well done. Each cell type is so distinctive, that they even have different character designs and personalities within a single type and it's never confusing. Representing germs as monsters is also a great way to show the body under attack.

The stories are great and heartfelt and never miss a chance to be educational and explain a bit about how this works in real life. I watched a series of videos on youtube this week where a real doctor has been reacting to cells at work on his channel and giving a deeper look into the real biology and it's amazing how many details from real life are worked in even if it's only visually represented.

The English dub was awesome. Cherami Leigh is always a joy and she brings a similar energy that she brought with Mai from Ghost Hunt. Red blood cell can often be confused and lost but shes always working hard and her determination shines through.

Easy 10/10

Heres the doctor reacts video for episode 1

Cells at Work

Mentioned it a few days ago in the Viewing Journal thread but cant stop thinking about it.

The imagining of the human body as a working city with the cells represented as people is so well done. Each cell type is so distinctive, that they even have different character designs and personalities within a single type and it's never confusing. Representing germs as monsters is also a great way to show the body under attack.

The stories are great and heartfelt and never miss a chance to be educational and explain a bit about how this works in real life. I watched a series of videos on youtube this week where a real doctor has been reacting to cells at work on his channel and giving a deeper look into the real biology and it's amazing how many details from real life are worked in even if it's only visually represented.

The English dub was awesome. Cherami Leigh is always a joy and she brings a similar energy that she brought with Mai from Ghost Hunt. Red blood cell can often be confused and lost but shes always working hard and her determination shines through.

Easy 10/10

Heres the doctor reacts video for episode 1

That was a really cool video :) Now I'm interested in this series as well haha

That was a really cool video :) Now I'm interested in this series as well haha
The show is really good and really easy to watch too.

That Dr has done reactions to most of the series now. They're all interesting and he explains stuff really well. Though I'd recommend watching the show first so as not to have things spoiled. (Its amazing how often he predicts what's going to happen after only a few minutes from his biology knowledge!)

That Dr has done reactions to most of the series now.
Yeah, he's almost done, but it's been a while since the last one. I've put links to all of them in individual threads in the forum below:

I really hope we get some more, maybe Black. That would be really interesting:
Ooh, there's an animated advert for the manga. Looks cool, slightly different look which would probably suit the themes better:

Back