RaptureTV confirm Wolf's Rain for UK TV

'waves flag' Yes! Another great anime show on UK TV that i'll be watching so support the channel as it could be a sign for new anime shows to pop up in the UK. :D

Was NGE on Toonami already (cos i only got Sky last year)? It'd be a shame if i've already missed it being on TV.

I know hardly anything about Wolf's Rain, it's not an anime, i ever bothered looking up, so it should be fun to see it!

Imp said:
Was NGE on Toonami already (cos i only got Sky last year)? It'd be a shame if i've already missed it being on TV.

I know hardly anything about Wolf's Rain, it's not an anime, i ever bothered looking up, so it should be fun to see it!

I might be wrong but I think it was on sci-fi..

Yep, watching it on Scifi was the first time I saw NGE and Nadesico too. (Sci-Fi used to show quite alot of anime series but they were on about 5 in the morning)

sci fi did have some anime on it but they showed it at ridiculus time about 5:30 in the morning and they showed some flims at midnight or 1:00. i remember they NGE at 5:30 in the evening at some point as well. but theyve stop showing anime alltogther now due to poor ratings

I think Sci-Fi has shown NGE, Martian Successor Nadesico, Fist Of The North Star, Airbats, Dragon Half, Excel Saga, Gasaraki, Dirty Pair Flash(?), Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and probably some others I can't remember...

Unit 0 said:
I think Sci-Fi has shown NGE, Martian Successor Nadesico, Fist Of The North Star, Airbats, Dragon Half, Excel Saga, Gasaraki, Dirty Pair Flash(?), Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and probably some others I can't remember...
and also they showed akira ,ghost in the shell and perfect blue and some others...

Freya said:
Unit 0 said:
and also they showed akira ,ghost in the shell and perfect blue and some others...

Yeah, I forgot about those

NGE and MSN were on at around 10am Saturday morning on Saiko Exciting, it was a well advertised and well produced japanese gimick morning show.

For many years Anime was shown Sci Fi, I first seen Tenchi Muyo on Sci Fi and many more series.

Yeah, they used to show anime movies every Thursday night. Blue Submarine No 6, Roujin Z (which I missed, most annoyed about that), the Rayearth OVA, all sorts of things. When CNX was around (before it became Toonami), it used to show Cowboy Bebop and Tenchi. Ah, I remember actually enjoying sattelite TV...

Still, with Wolf's Rain on the way it'll give me something to look forward to, hehe ^_^

SCI-FI were actually one of the big reasons why I got into anime, I saw all of the above mentioned series on there, and its a shame they pulled out of showing anime a few months ago (or was it last year?).

I'm the opposite of whats felt towards the graveyard slot, its perfect for me setting the video recorder, as it isn't easy trying to fight the rest of the family on the main SKY TV to watch what just seems a cartoon to them.

The clips and trailer of Wolf's Rain don't really look appealing to me, but I'll still watch it due to all the critical acclaim its been getting, and the reccomendations on this board.

I done some reading up on Wolf Rain, it doesn't seem too bad...do they talk in wolf form?
And Joshua Seth does on of the voices...of Hige, i think, Joshua Seth's one of my favourite Voice Actors!

Interesting choice, i never expected that, i hadn't heard any word of that being a possibility. I think it's good though as it's something i had been thinking about getting anyway

Back