Rapture's Sunday anime block finds highest audience

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to a forum post by an employee of UK digital channel Rapture TV, the Sunday night anime block (which broadcasts latest episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain from 8pm till 9pm) is currently the highest rating section of the channel; attracting "just over 10,000 viewers according to BARB figures".

wow! i don't know how or why, but that has made me REALLY happy! I didn't know there were even 1,000 anime fans in the UK, let alone 10,000! w00t for Rapture, thx guys!

I guess that means it was a massive success, and we should be seeing some more series any time soon!!!! w000t!!!!! wow i'm all hyper now.

I can't wait to hear when that catch up night will be too :p :p :p

EDIT: I don't understand how that BARB thing works, it seems to show 1 minute of viewing on some channels :/

Excellent news! I guess that means that they are likely to show more anime in future. I'm still unable to get that channel, but I've been telling as many people as possible about it - presumably quite a few of us have been spreading the word.

What a way to kick off 2006. :D

I would hand out flyers at school if i could, but sadly but sadly most of the people there are half way up there own **** and are not even worth talking about :p Instead, my screen name on msn is usually promoting some thing anime related, i just put the good news on it now lol, 10,000 views, god that feels good!

Yep, this is good news and with Rapture talking about increasing their advertising when they switch channel numbers, I assume it can only get better? FMA was always going to be a sure fire hit, though I'm glad Wolf's Rain is pulling in the figures too.

That's great news! Hopefully this will make them consider getting more anime onto the station in the future. I'm a Tuesday night man myself, only being able to watch one series because of the ammount of people in our house; and Sunday is Heartbeat night for my Dad (don't ask, it makes me sick too).

Speaking of which, I just finished watching Rapture for the first time today. :mrgreen:

Impressed by the quality of the voice acting in FMA. Although irrespective of that, I'm still not likely to get to watch the anime block on a regular basis. Pity. I'd try buying FMA except that 200 quid (assuming 15 per volume) seems just a bit pricy for me. :mrgreen:

GrantM said:
10000 viewers....how good is that?
Stop being so tight. At least it shows hope in UK television to show anime. =/

Good news, hopefully this leads off to a great start for anime in the UK. =D

BabyDaddy said:
GrantM said:
10000 viewers....how good is that?
Stop being so tight. At least it shows hope in UK television to show anime. =/

Good news, hopefully this leads off to a great start for anime in the UK. =D

I was?.....well anyway, how does this compare to the ratings Sci Fi got when they showed anime

I'm not sure about how it compares with previous channels, but the fact that anime is the highest rated stuff on Rapture is promising news. From what I can tell based on what I've read on the Rapture forum, 10000 is a very good figure for an independant channel.

^ Irrespecitve of that though, they can't just depend on that one anime block to keep going. If I'm honest from what I've seen of their listings I don't see anything else of interest on the channel.

I realise I'm sounding pessimistic here, but CNX got cancelled as well, and I would have rated them higher for the Hong Kong movies they were always showing as well. I don't know, it just seems like Rapture need to get a few more good shows going otherwise I don't think they'll last very long.

Rapture should last this time. It's already much better than last time, and there are new shows on the way like the cult BBC drama series Tinseltown, which actually makes Rapture the first ever independant channel to pick up a BBC drama series.

The advertising which will kick in when they move to their new number will also help.

So things are looking better this time.

I'm not sure about how it compares with previous channels, but the fact that anime is the highest rated stuff on Rapture is promising news

not to put a downer on the news

but is that really such a hard thing lol

gamers is probually their 2nd best show and jetix's PXG is much better :wink:

Back