Rapture TV ads

fowler

Brigade Leader
No doubt you've all noticed this but whenever I watch Rapture TV, the only ads I ever really see, apart from ads for Rapture's shows, seem to be ads for:
1. Some sort of video game
2. Magazines - anime and games
3. OXY pads (spot clearing tissue things)

Geez I wonder what they think of us... lol

Maybe Some Capitalist Suits taking the word Cliché too literal? I mean all these TV channels are run by suits only out to make money so why would they know about people? Their not people! Just Suits.

I'd like to point out now that i don't read magazines and i'm picky about my games so their picture is wrong.

Maybe i'm being too political here? Stop me if i am.

yea all you see is neo mag!!!!!! or this guy who goes to leicester square and crap like that. Cmon guys you know why.... Rapture TV is a pretty poor tv channel :shock: (no offence but is is) :lol:

Janus said:
Maybe Some Capitalist Suits taking the word Cliché too literal? I mean all these TV channels are run by suits only out to make money so why would they know about people? Their not people! Just Suits.

I'd like to point out now that i don't read magazines and i'm picky about my games so their picture is wrong.

Maybe i'm being too political here? Stop me if i am.

i totally agree with you. no ur not too political.

Maybe not but then again i did include "Capitalist Suits" which is bound to show exactly what i stand for.

C'mon, the station has to make money somehow. If it helps to get decent anime on in the UK then who cares what they advertise? I don't hear people moaning about the amount of coffee they plug on Sky One, or the attention paid to loan providers on practically every Sky channel in existence.

The fact is that people who tune in to Wolf's Rain and FMA are, to stereotype to a degree, Gamers and Anime fans. It seems only logical that they should be interested in magazines and products relating to those two subcultures. Those adverts, as annoying as they are, do serve a purpose.

At least they're not trying to sell us My Little Pony action figures... That would be an insult...

I don't think the adverts are trying to stereotype anime fans - after all pretty much the same ads are shown during the clubbing shows, gaming shows, films/film shows, music videos and everything else.

Like all channels they can only show the adverts that the ad sales agency who represent them can get. However as the audience continues to grow it's likely that the range of adverts will increase.

I should add that the people who run Rapture are a down to earth group who just want to turn the channel into a success, after the awful mess the (unrelated) original Rapture got itself into. Obviously they need money to survive, but they'd be happy just to reach break-even... it's not one of those companies that's run by faceless accountants :)

Back