Ragnarok

Capuchin

School Idol
Is anyone else reading this manwha?
It's a sword and sorcery epic, with influences from Norse mythology.
I think there's meant to be an anime version but from what little I've seen all the characters are different.

Capuchin said:
Is anyone else reading this manwha?
It's a sword and sorcery epic, with influences from Norse mythology.
I think there's meant to be an anime version but from what little I've seen all the characters are different.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure some one will ;), but I'm pretty sure Ragnarok is based on a MMORPG.

There's a game but I don't know which came first.
Reading interviews with the creator Myung-Jin Lee it seems that he came up with the idea.
Seems that some research is in order...

There's actually two.

Ragnarok the manga is by Kentaro Yasui and Tsukas Kotobuki, and follows the adventures of Leeroy and his talking sword. It's rather a dark and mature tale, and ran for three volumes. It's published as Sword of the Dark Ones by CMX in the US.

Ragnarok the manhwa is by Myung-Jin Lee, and is what the MMO and anime series is based on. It's this one that's based more on old Norse mythology, and is a much more light-hearted affair. It's available from Tokyopop.

Hope that helps a bit :)

I think we're all thinking of the manhwa in this case. I'm up to volume 6 at the mo, and I love it (mind you, I have nothing to compare it to seeing as it's the first and only I've read! Lol)

I picked it up simply because Ragnarok's also the name of the airship in FF8 8)

I really like the stats bits in the front and the little 'extra' bits in the back. How many volumes are there? I think I read in an interview that it'd be quite big... :? Goodbye student loan!

I've been REALLY slow collecting this series, but I've finally finished volume 10 and I think I might cry cos it doesn't look like we'll be getting any more over here :(

Number 10 was published in 2004... So all I can hope for is it's taking a hell of a long time for any new ones to get over here (which, I know is very unlikely...) Well, in that case, I'm just gonna have to learn Korean...

I think it's just taking a long time to come out. I've not read any mention of the author stopping it. It would be a shame, I'm gagging to find out what happens.

Back