R.I.P Colin Mcrae

Nyu

Pokémon Master
For anyone that follows rally or sport in general you will know the name Colin Mcrae. Sadly it is now confirmed that the legendary Scottish racing driver has died in a helicopter crash near his home. Colin was one of my role models growing up and he will be sadly missed around the world.

First Richard Burns and now Colin, very sad indeed. :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 997270.stm

That really is a shock...he was such a role model for British motor sport - and Scotland in particular - and will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family. :(

i didn't really watch rally driving but even still i find this news sad, i knew last night that they where thinking it was him, but i never knew it was. My thoughts go to his family. :(

colin_mcrae_germany.gif

Awe inspiring talent.

and this is where it gets spooky

Rally boss in helicopter escape

The Subaru rally team chief and his wife survived unhurt when their helicopter crash-landed in Essex.
Police said Dave Richards and his wife "walked out of the wreckage" near North Weald Airfield and were treated for shock by paramedics.

Mr Richards, is chief executive of Prodrive, which runs the Subaru World Rally Team.

He was in charge when Colin McRae, who has died in a helicopter crash in Lanarkshire, won his world rally title.

Mr Richards and his wife were returning to their home at Banbury, Oxfordshire, after attending the Belgian Grand Prix.

Mill Lane alongside the field where the wreckage lies has been sealed off awaiting the arrival of Air Accident Investigation Branch staff.

Well if they wanted to look like an accident, if it wasn't I mean, then they wouldn't try to kill two people in the same way at the same time... That would be pointlessly obvious.

Hmm its not on the link anymore but before it was confirmed there was a priceless quote along the lines of "Colin loved practical jokes"

Yep, faking a helicopter crash is sure to get everyone in stitches. "Don't worry guys, it wasn't me in that helicopter - just a couple guys i picked off the street!" Hilarity!

If only :)
Sadly it's all a bit too real I'm afraid. Strange thing for me was, I was playing "Colin McRae - Dirt" for the PS3 when I heard about the crash.

God rest his soul :(

Back