Quick question about Black Lagoon...

Tasker

Hunter
... do you know for certain if it's definitely going to get a region 2 release, and if so when?

I 'm asking because the more I see people post about the series on these forums, the more I find myself really, really tempted to buy the Region 1 release, despite my dislike of importing unless I have to. :?

If it is getting a region 2 release it wont be for a few more months, i haven't seen anything official yet. But take into consideration it has only been released a month or so back.

Do what i did and buy the Volume 1 limited edition, the one with the metal tin. It's worth it and then if it does get the Region 2 release you can fill it with the other volumes.

It was only £20 or so from UP1 if i recall correctly.

It'll be released in the UK sooner rather than later, I'm fairly certain of that. It's a show that has big Western appeal and fingers crossed it'll be hitting the UK early 2008, and I'd class MVM as the favorites to snag it considering their partnership with Geneon. Also, a UK release tends to follow an Australian one, so it might be worth checking out the Madman site to see if they've licensed it.

Tasker said:
Ah, I didn't realise the tin it came in held all of them. :D

Ooooooo it's soooooo tempting.

It holds 4 dvds. The extras disc and the 3 dvds that make up the first barrage. The main reason i bought it was due to the U.K usually getting the backhand when it comes to special editions. In my opinion it was worth it as it was only a few pounds more than the other region 1 disc.

But it's a brilliant series, one of the best from last year and the best action series in the last few years.

Edit: if Paul's post holds any water then it's more than enough reason to pick up the Limited Edition.

On a side note I saw the first 4 episodes a few days ago. Seems like a decent series so far. Not quite grabbing what hype it's seemed to have from a lot of people yet though. I'll probably pick this up when there's a decent priced boxset.

Paul said:
It'll be released in the UK sooner rather than later, I'm fairly certain of that. It's a show that has big Western appeal and fingers crossed it'll be hitting the UK early 2008, and I'd class MVM as the favorites to snag it considering their partnership with Geneon. Also, a UK release tends to follow an Australian one, so it might be worth checking out the Madman site to see if they've licensed it.

Ah, thanks for that, I didn't realise it was a Geneon release, but then given my lim.it..ed...

... :?:

hang on, 2008 ?

2008 ? :shock:

... :?:

:?

Bugger that!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
On a side note I saw the first 4 episodes a few days ago. Seems like a decent series so far. Not quite grabbing what hype it's seemed to have from a lot of people yet though. I'll probably pick this up when there's a decent priced boxset.

If i'm right in saying the first four episodes takes you just to the start of the U Boat arc, is that correct? It's probably my least favourite arc of them all, it really gets better after this arc and into the end of the first barrage/second.

WTFDaveMustaine said:

But... it's got Revy, you 'have' seen the pics of Revy? :twisted: :wink:

I've decided, stuff it, i'm going to get it, 2008 for a 'possible' Region 2 is too long for my 'hot chick in short shorts action' fix. :wink:

Yup, I'd definitely recommend picking up the special edition art box since that's hardly ever going to hit the UK and Geneon produce some great quality cover art and good general release quality. I bought the Gankutsuou art-box from them and it's beautiful.

Thanks for all the replys matey peeps. :D

I think you've all just helped me to realise what i'd already decided to be honest. :roll:

Back