Question for PS3 owners...

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Has the 4.40 update screwed the ability (Or in my case, inability) to download patches for games?
Let me start off by saying that my console was 100% fine before on 4.30, never had any issues. Now it's a completely different story.
Any patches I try to download either don't start (0%), go to 25/50/75% and just stop (Always those 3 percentages, nothing else) or freeze the console.
It's absolutely ridiculous that I have had to spent 1-2 hours each on DOA5/Tekken Tag 2 mashing the X button or resetting the frozen console just so I can eventually get the freaking patches.
Sitting trying to do one of FFXIII-2 now and it's always 0 or 75%

I have absolutely no idea what to do, and I am getting increasingly pissed off here to say the least.

Possibly contact playstation's EU customer support and see if its a problem others have had, personally i've not had any problems. A potential reason for the problem could be internet connection or the update didnt upload properly... have you updated the playstation store too? just a possibility that it wont let you patch updates because the store isnt updated (stranger things have been the cause for problems)

Sounds awkward, I've had patches to what games I play before the recent playstation update. So unless I get a new game I've not really had a problem

Tachi said:
Possibly contact playstation's EU customer support and see if its a problem others have had, personally i've not had any problems. A potential reason for the problem could be internet connection or the update didnt upload properly... have you updated the playstation store too? just a possibility that it wont let you patch updates because the store isnt updated (stranger things have been the cause for problems)
Yeah the store and everything is fine and updated. This issue has only started since the 4.40 update.
Looking on the forums it seems that there are a few other people who have the same issue as me, but I fail to understand how it can affect a small amount of us whilst other people are fine. They also claim like myself that nothing has changed other than installing the update.

Mangaranga said:
but I fail to understand how it can affect a small amount of us whilst other people are fine.

The same way that sony can sell all (for example only, this applies to every model) 40gig ps3's at the same price but when it comes to trading them against a refurbished model in the instance of a YLOD they can say 1 40gig PS3 is worth less or more than another 40gig PS3.

The same works for routers, they are built exactly the same... some have better reach than others, they price those the highest. others have mediocre range and are priced alittle less, the rest that are really low ranged are priced the lowest, despite the fact that if you open them up they are identical. on a side note; i've just fixed the YLOD on my 60gig PS3 and i've fixed other PS3's in the past, they are all built exactly the same though some have had software problems like yours through no fault of the owner, its a matter of chance to get the issue or not.

The only thing i can assume at this point is that for some strange reason your (along with a minority of) PS3's encountered the problem through pure bad luck :/ Here's hoping that an update comes out to solve it for you.

Eh, apparently it's a problem with most patches for Virgin Media customers.
I don't know if it's been fixed yet though as I have already spent a few hours per update to get everything installed.

Mangaranga said:
Eh, apparently it's a problem with most patches for Virgin Media customers.
I don't know if it's been fixed yet though as I have already spent a few hours per update to get everything installed.

Mangaranga I've had the same problem with mine, not logging in, having patches fail and updates not applying. Hopefully someone at Playstation EU maybe able to pick up on it.

Back