PS3 Pricedrop! For Japan only.

True, but that's because the Metal Gear Solid trailers are directed by Hideo Kojima where as the Gears of War trailer is directed by some random bloke nobody actually cares about. I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear series and I hope this game turns out awesome because the cutscenes look jaw-droppingly sexy.

Well... since PS3 launch numbers twindle to 80,000 in japan... this has to be said:

Anyone who attempts to buy a Sony launch product is a dumbass.

You KNOW there's going to be shortages.

You KNOW there aren't going to be good launch games.

You KNOW there are going to be hardware issues.

You KNOW it won't be worth the wait and price just to have it collect dust on your shelf until decent games come out.

I beleive what you are trying to say is 'anyone who buys ANY launch product is a dumb ass'. All consoles on launch have problems, all of them. please dont make it sound like Sony is the only company with the problems.

Oh, and how many of you have preorder a 'launch' Wii? :? Just a thought.

I might do. Depends, though there is actually good release games for it, not going to be shortages and the price is right. 8D

Though there might be hardware problems.

It's true, every console has had problems at launch. That's why I waited three months before I bought my 360 and now I'm the only one in my entire clan who hasn't had their 360 break/explode/cough blood or whatever.

butch-cassidy said:
I beleive what you are trying to say is 'anyone who buys ANY launch product is a dumb ass'. All consoles on launch have problems, all of them. please dont make it sound like Sony is the only company with the problems.

Oh, and how many of you have preorder a 'launch' Wii? :? Just a thought.
I have, though it's my first launch console (excluding the DS Lite). To be fair, not every console has had problems at launch. I don't recall the GC having any. Anyway, the problems are so normally so thin-spread that there's barely any risk. Remember, all it takes is a few angry forum members to get an article on Gamespot.

I don't think the Wii will have any problems at launch. It's not a state of the art, overly powerful machine, so if there is any problems it'll be in the controller, which won't be pricy to replace if there happens to be a fault.

My point was that Sony have no more or less hardware problems at release than any other company. Sony as a whole seems to be having a hard time right now which perpetuates the problems and creates new ones. Last Gen there was a lot of talk about faulty XBox's and the gen before that Saturn got insulted. There will always be problems but its not fair to say that anyone who decides to buy a Sony product on release is a dumb ass when we don’t know if there will be problems with it this time around... for all we know the Wii will turn out to be the buggy device.

As for games there are good games out on release, they might not cover all tastes but many people will be happy with them. The only things I can’t defend is the release delay and cost. Both are insane and they will be the problems that Sony will feel.

Every console has had teething problems Espy, even the DS believe it or not.

I remember reading an article about people having something wrong with their NDS and Nintendo were offering to fix the problem they caused in the first place… For a price, of course. I think it was embarrassing how Microsoft had that magnitude of ‘broken’ hardware on release but I was impressed by the fact that you could just give them a call, send them the 360 and after two weeks it would be back as good as new with no repair costs.

Nemphtis said:
I remember reading an article about people having something wrong with their NDS and Nintendo were offering to fix the problem they caused in the first place… For a price, of course.
... and this problem was? My brother got a DS on launch and there was no problems with it, at all.

I just bought a new PS2 (mine died after many years use dammit), so I don't mind waiting for the PS3's launch as I wanna get as much play out of my new console before upgrading to the PS3, will probably leave it til my birthday in August before I attampt to get one.

Check out the Woolworths 'new' catalogue it claims the PS3 will be out November 2006...... um NO

Rukario said:
and this problem was? My brother got a DS on launch and there was no problems with it, at all.

When the DS was first launched a small minority of users complained that their units had 'dead pixel syndrome'. Basically, It's a screen defect where one dot on the LCD will remain a single colour no matter what's happening on screen. I encountered this problem with my DS, but it's such a small, not to mention common, problem I didn't think it was worth going through the hassle of having my DS replaced. As launch problems go, I think it's safe to say this one was definitely at the more minor end of the scale. ;)

Back