PS3 Imports Question re: Trophies

shira

Shinigami
Hey!

I was just wondering, if you import a US game and play it on a UK PS3, will it work on a UK PSN account? And therefore, will the trophies get registered to the UK PSN account?

I've been tempted to import a game from the US, and just wanna make sure the trophies will register on my PSN account because, well, I like trophies :D

Thanks a lot!

It'll work fine. The PS3 has no region locking.

The only thing to note is that you shouldn't buy DLC for an imported game through the UK store. It won't work.

The games definitely work, it was more the question of the trophies I think. I am pretty sure they do but I don't import from that direction so wouldn't want to say for sure. That and I don't care about trophies and few of my games have them.

I bought Tekken DR from the US, but it never had trophies back when I played it.

I love how much deranged misinformation is on that one small Yahoo Answers page!

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
Trophies for US games will definitely register on your UK account. No problems there.

Cross-region DLC is a bollock-ache, though, so bear that in mind.

This. I've imported loads of stuff and they register fine. No problems.

Also this isn't set for every game but some define trophys via region. I can't remember the one that I'm thinking of (possibly Demons Souls) but you were able to get two trophy lists that were exactly the same but they counted seperately.

So just to clarify 100% that the trophies from a US game will register with no problems on my UK PSN account; it's only DLC I need to worry about? (^。^)

Rui said:
I love how much deranged misinformation is on that one small Yahoo Answers page!

R

You knew it was going to be a interesting read when a PS3 question pops up and the first answer starts talking about super smash bros :thumb: :lol:

The second one conforms to a niche group who think they are technical and in reality haven't got a clue. And the third (my favourite) was either an intentional joke or an idiot.

Ahh, the more colourful imaginations of the Yahoo answerers :p never failing to bring a smile.

Back