Promare Theatrical Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Promare is a film not to be missed. There is nothing quite like it out there, certainly nothing which is so much fun for the entire runtime. Hiroyuki Imaishi and Kazuki Nakashima have once again created something truly unforgettable which will be a joy to watch for many years to come.

Continue reading...

Nice review. Got my tickets booked for the screening, Tuesday can’t come soon enough!!

Quick heads up. When I booked my tickets, the promare website initially linked me to the wrong venue. Although vue were reasonable enough to give me complimentary tickets to right cinema, make sure you double check when booking

Theoretically that means there are 2 spare tickets to the 7.30 screening at Vue Westfield Stratford City on Tuesday 26th if anybodies interested??

I don't quite think it's a 10 out of 10, but it is a really fun film.

I think if I was to broke it down and analyzed it, it'd probably be a 9/10 (maybe even 8/10) - but then, likely everything would be because I'll always find something to pick at. XD

For the actual experience of seeing Promare though, and how incredibly engaging and fun it was, it was definitely a solid 10/10 for me. It looked incredible on a cinema screen, and I've not had that much fun watching a film in ages. It's dumb fun at its finest. 😄

I think Promare breaks down very quickly if you pick it apart to analyse it, but that's also part of what makes it so fascinating. Despite all that it still feels like a complete, ambitious and wonderful film to watch. It's not obviously flawed at all and I think trying to pick apart something that ridiculous goes against its whole existence anyway, it just wants to be fun - and it is!

One of the reasons I gave it a 10 was also based on the repeat viewing. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much the second time already knowing where the story went and I thought my mind would wander and pick at the bits that don't quite add up, but that never happened and that's what ticked all the boxes in the end. :)

Back