Production I.G name new Stand Alone Complex anime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Production I.G have announced that their new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime will be subtitled "Solid State Society". No information is available with regards to whether or not this is another TV series, movie or OVA but more news is promised to be announced at the Tokyo Anime Fair.

One word: Fan-goddamned-tastic. :D

Looking at past productions the Ghost in the Shell franchise has yet to disappoint me once (I'm secretly hoping that the tachikomas make an appearance again). Good news indeed.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society will run for 100 minutes and be released this summer, according to Production IG's disclosure on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. (info from ANN)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society, a full length movie based on Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is currently planned for completion in the summer of 2006.

The production announcement does not specifically state release format, or date. The movie is being produced in Hi-Vision, a format used by Japanese broadcast networks to support wide-screen televisions. The same production team, including main staff, will be carried over from the TV series. The budget, while not specified, is said to be higher in order to achieve a cinematic level of production.

The 100-minute (tentative running time) movie takes place in 2034, two years after the refugee riot incident. A significantly larger Section 9, with over 20 new officers, investigates terrorist actions related to a wizard-like hacker “Kugutsu Mawashi.â€

Back