Printing errors in manga/novels

Gemsy-chan

Diclonius
So I just received Hitorijime My Hero vol 4 and there are considerable printing errors.

634C7267-87D9-48FD-B749-3165B40976B9.jpeg
A number of pages are missing the first third of the image

4D7123E3-7EFD-4659-8958-6484BA34BA20.jpeg
On some of the pages the bottom is at the top and that makes the bottoms panels cut off abruptly.

I’ll be contacting wordery to either get a replacement or refund and I’ll make Kondansha aware as well.

That's crazy. I've never seen a book printed so badly!
I ended up with a couple of volumes of Naruto like that too. I also have a copy of Gundam Thunderbolt 4 that the cover is bound upside down.

Lets not forget that there was an entire run of Record of Lodoss War printed in red ink.

Attachments

• IMG_20160228_024223.jpg
    IMG_20160228_024223.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 21
So I just received Hitorijime My Hero vol 4 and there are considerable printing errors.

View attachment 10577

View attachment 10578
On some of the pages the bottom is at the top and that makes the bottoms panels cut off abruptly.

I’ll be contacting wordery to either get a replacement or refund and I’ll make Kondansha aware as well.
Why doesn't my factory just take manga jobs... I've rarely seen our press make that kind of mistake

Wordery are usually pretty good. Hope its just a one off though

With some of the issues I've seen from UK Anime Companies recently. I'm surprised there arent a huge amount of manga problems

View attachment 10577

View attachment 10578

This is pretty bad, Shouldn't be any issues getting a refund or replacement and yeah best to make both Wordery and Kondansha aware XD.

Hopefully it isn't something that effects every volume 4 of the series.

This is pretty bad, Shouldn't be any issues getting a refund or replacement and yeah best to make both Wordery and Kondansha aware XD.

Hopefully it isn't something that effects every volume 4 of the series.
I've sent Kodansha a tweet about it with pictures (no response so far) and i'll ask for a replacement from wordery and hope its just a one off as i've not heard about any problems with this volume before.

I've sent Kodansha a tweet about it with pictures (no response so far) and i'll ask for a replacement from wordery and hope its just a one off as i've not heard about any problems with this volume before.
Nice, If you don't get a reply try a DM or email in case they are getting a ton of alerts about it and might miss it and yeah hopefully.

Both Wordery & Kodansha have got in contact and neither have had previous complaints about what I have...I must have been really unlucky.

Wordery is sending me a replacement and ask me to donate my old copy to either a charity shop or library...nice thought but because of the problem I don’t think that would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Wordery is sending me a replacement and ask me to donate my old copy to either a charity shop or library...nice thought but because of the problem I don’t think that would be a good idea.

That seems to be Wordery’s standard response when there are issues. They tell me to donate books if they’ve sent the wrong one and are replacing it etc.

Also sorry to hear about the issues, my volume is fine so must just be really unlucky. :(

Back