Princess Jellyfish confirmed for DVD and Blu-Ray US release

devilrules666

Combat Butler
After streaming the series during its Japanese broadcast run, it always seemed likely that North American distributor FUNimation Entertainment would afford it some kind of physical release, but today has seen the company confirm that noitaminA series Princess Jellyfish will indeed be released fully in 2012, with fan feedback on a survey run by the company leading to the show being release on both DVD and Blu-Ray formats.

Based on an ongoing josei manga series, Princess Jellyfish (aka Kuragehime in Japan) tells the story of Tsukimi, a girl who moves to an all-girls apartment block full of female otaku to become an illustrator. After meeting a fashionable girl and reluctantly allowing her to stay at her apartment, she soon discovers that her new guest isn't quite what she first seems.

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Prince ... he_US.html

Yay. I always wanted to watch this one and hoped Funi would put it out on disc. More Brain's Base/Omori is always welcome in my collection.

2012, though. The time it takes Funi to do anything these days is ridiculous.

I think it's more a case of Funimation being Funimation. Comapare to Sentai who announce a series (often fairly new ones at that) and release it within a few months.

But I don't want to complain too much. I never really expected Kuragehime to receive a physical release anyway.

Ooooh, love this series. Definite import for me. Wish there was a chance for a local release as I'd love to buy it on Blu-Ray, but I doubt it will be :(

This really is a bit of a dead year for Funi; I ran to TRSI today to preorder everything I need from them during the sale but there are only two releases I need coming up. So many rescues and repackagings!

There's tons of good stuff coming in 2012 though.

I'm definitely buying this (probably on blu), and I can't imagine it will sell more than 3 copies in the UK so hopefully Manga won't pick it up then shout at us for having imported the R1 version.

R

Funi are just a massive suck-fest, no surprise there. Cool that this is coming on BD though, great show that I had to pass on the Japanese release of.

When reading the article I confused this series with Ika Musume.

Had I not recently consumed curry, I'd have felt quite empty.

Back