Prince of Tennis

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Anyone else seen any Prince of Tennis? and what do you think of it?

I've seen up to episode 76 now (of a current 149) and it's strangely addictive. Never thought I could enjoy watching tennis in any form, but the characters are wonderful, the tennis matches unbelievable and the animation is wonderful (none of those "ugly" scenes :lol: ). It's now got a place in my anime top 5.
Admittedly, I'm guessing, the bigger audience would be female, although I'm sure there must be plenty of male fans!!

I agree when i started to watch this serie i was not expecting much just though i would give it a try as alot of people had told me it was great and from there on i like it. i think the main reason i like it is because its different from most things out and the moment and has a lot of passion. (if that makes sense)

valha said:
because its different from most things out and the moment and has a lot of passion. (if that makes sense)

I know exactly what you mean :D
How much have you seen? I have just finished watching episode 159 :shock: and honestly it never gets boring, if anything it gets more and more exciting :lol:
I am a little miffed though, as episode 159 was a MAJOR cliff-hanger and I don't know when I can get any more :cry:

I've seen up to 131. Yeah this anime is really good I started watching it along time ago now. I havn't been downloading it lately because they've change the encoding on it (Anime Otakus) so I havn't been able to watch it (need the proper codecs).

I started watching it because it was mentioned on that Naruto ep (ep 26-27?) and it was getting good download rates.

The only bad thing is that they treat 'moves' like fighting moves.

FF Freak said:
The only bad thing is that they treat 'moves' like fighting moves.

I think that's the best thing about the series!! The moves are completely unbelievable but that's what makes it exciting. I think it would be boring if they played a simple tennis match :?

BTW if you haven't seen the OVA you should, it's hilarious.

Plus keep your eye out for the movie, can't wait to see that. I know it involves a big cruise liner fully installed with a tennis arena and a new character called Ryoga Echizen :shock:

Miaka-chan said:
I think that's the best thing about the series!! The moves are completely unbelievable but that's what makes it exciting. I think it would be boring if they played a simple tennis match :?

Yeah it would be boring if it was normal but the moves are good but they're like 'NOW I WILL USE THE DEADLIEST OF THEM ALL.. THE... SPIN SHOT 8)'
they're like Dragon Ball Z killer moves xD.

By the way Kikumaru is my favourite character in my opinion his childish behavior owns :D and I love his tennis style he doesn't have that many 'moves' and his favourite is 'Kikumaru Beam' which is like a name created by Momo (Crappy Prince Of Tennis joke...).

I have just one complaint about the Prince of Tennis - HORIO :evil:

My fave characters are Syusuke Fuji and Kauro Kaidoh. Non Seigaku charcters I like are Sengoku and Atobe :D

You'll love the next big tournament. All the schools are rounded up, the 7 (or rather eight) best players are selected and they have a match against a USA team. Episode 159 finishes just at the climax of this match and although the result is obvious, it's still a case of well maybe he won't win :lol:

Back