Pretty new to anime...

Bad Wolf

Brigade Leader
Hey, Im just asking you fans if you can recommend any animes to me.

Some series I enjoyed:
Akagi
Kaiji
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Cowboy Bebop
Claymore

Ta

Samurai Champloo: Same director as Cowboy Bebop, same narrative style, you may need to be able to stomach the music...but hey, it's fine.

Welcome to the NHK....it's compared to Haruhi a lot, and has that funny charm about it.

That's about all I got for now, I think.

Actually, just as a general recommendation... Escaflowne. Seems to have been a bit forgotten recently, but it's the series that reminded me why I loved anime.

Try Serial Experiments Lain for deep stuff.

For comedy I don't think you can go far wrong with School Rumble.

For a light mecha with comedy it has to be Full Metal Panic.

I wouldn't got for the mecha ones, as you did not list any mecha series in your list, but you should try one and see if you like. Maybe Evangelion or escaflowne...

chaos said:
I wouldn't got for the mecha ones, as you did not list any mecha series in your list, but you should try one and see if you like. Maybe Evangelion or escaflowne...

Eh, they're not typical of the mech genre, quite separate in most cases (although Eva is more a subversion of the genre than a true separation).

If you want an example of "A generic mech show" then Gundam Seed's the fellow you want. It basically typifies the elements common to every mech show from here to eternity because it's pretty much a semi-direct remake of 0079.

Then again, I'd only recommend "proper" mech if you had a pre-existing desire to see giant robots beat the crap out of each other.

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Chobits
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd GIG)
Devilman Lady (aka The Devil Lady)
Aquarian Age
Le Chevalier D'Eon
School Rumble
Please Teacher
Escaflowne
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Martian Successor Nadesico
Berserk

That'll do for now.

MrChom said:
Actually, just as a general recommendation... Escaflowne. Seems to have been a bit forgotten recently, but it's the series that reminded me why I loved anime.

I just recently got round to watching Escaflowne having watched a few eps years ago. Was well worth going back to and I would definitely recommend giving it a go.

Currently watching Code Geass (1st season) and really enjoying it. I really love a good mix of relationships, politics, action and humour.

Also just finished Samurai Champloo, a fun show which you can dip in and out of. Watched it with a mate over about 6 or 7 months :p

Back