Pretear

Apple Bun

Thousand Master
I was thinking of buying "Pretear" :? , but to get it i would have to order it in spesh at my local Anime/Manga shop. Ive read Reviews on it n thought it sounded quite good, but i was wandering what thoughs of u who have seen it thought of it and wether you think it would be a good buy? As i have to order it in, i dont want to order it before hearing peoples oppinions on it :3 so any view or oppinon u have on it would be greatlly appreciated tyaz ^_^

Frozen-Wolf

Moved this to Anime Recommendations and Views as that's a more appropriate place for this kind of thread :)

Pretear isn't a bad series, if you like magical girl shows and plenty of supporting bishounen you won't go far wrong, and there's also plenty of comedy in the series. My main complaints would be that the battles seem a little rushed and that there's quite a large cast of characters squeezed into a relatively short series and some inevitably get sidelined. Also, the romantic elements did seem a little forced in places. That being said, it's still pretty entertaining.

Unit 0 said:
There is a thinpack box set version of this series out on R1 at the mo which I may be tempted to get in the future.
I've just ordered mine from Otaku for £22.99 inc. P&P :D

As Red XIII said; it's pure magical girl, with a smidgen of romance and some humour. Himeno is sweet, the 7 Leafe Knights are very interesting (4 are very hunky :wink: the rest too young to be hunky, but they're sweet). Typical evil threatening to destroy the earth scenario, but with a very interesting twist to the plot.
You HAVE to be a fan of magical girls, romance and bishounen to truly enjoy it, but the side characters and the humour might keep you entertained enough, if not!

I thought "pretear" was ok (although Ive had the fourth dvd for ages and never actually seen the end or really wanted to). It was mildly amusing and entertaining at times and if your a big magical girl fan its something you would probably enjoy. I found it a bit basic.. , but watchable with a few moments I thought were good. That said if your a UK buyer, its about the only uncut magical girl show you can actually get here anyway.

Thanx 4 the help guys :3

Miaka-chan said:
You HAVE to be a fan of magical girls, romance and bishounen to truly enjoy it, but the side characters and the humour might keep you entertained enough, if not!

Well i wouldent say im the biggest magical girls fan, but i am a romance n bishounen fan :3 i think ill probs order it in :3 its to tempting lol tyaz 4 ur help ^_^

Back