Pokémon tournament SIGN UP!

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Ok, time to get the Jigglypuff rolling on this one.

AUKN's Pokémon 5th Gen tournament!

Rules:
Triple battle
No same Pokémon
No same held items
No Legendaries (To clarify, that will include Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo)
5th Gen Pokémon only
"Flat battle" (This means all levels will be automatically lowered to lv50 temporarily for the battle)
One 'bench' Pokémon (a spare one you can switch with any of your other six before a battle)

How to register your team:
PM me a list of the seven Pokémon you wish to bring. I will PM my list of seven to Chaos so that I cannot change my team in reaction to anyone elses. You have until the 20th to PM me your team, unless a week passes before then with no further submissions, same as with the 'Best of the Decade' thread that ilmaestro did. :) At that point, I will post up everyone's teams to see, and who will battle who.

Looking forward to battling. :D

Mutsumi said:
I will PM my list of seven to Chaos so that I cannot change my team in reaction to anyone elses.
Letting me know about it in advance never occurred to you =P

Anyway, good luck to anyone who enters and let me copy the list here later.... ;)

chaos said:
Mutsumi said:
I will PM my list of seven to Chaos so that I cannot change my team in reaction to anyone elses.
Letting me know about it in advance never occurred to you =P

Anyway, good luck to anyone who enters and let me copy the list here later.... ;)

Heh, sorry I didn't give you a heads up on that, I had to get off the computer quickly and you were the first person I could think of who would be suitable to tell my team to.

@Shirayui; If you like, you could trade the ones you need levelling to me, and I could take them fairy grinding on route 12. Lv40 to Lv50 in 10 mins. :D

On an unrelated note, I am posting this from my DSiXL. :lol:

Stardust Snake said:
May I join? I came in the top 16 in the VGC last year so I might be a challange. or not. You can deicde that!!!!

Please do! Currently only myself and Rena have entered teams, so the more the merrier.

Okey dokey. ^_^ If we only get four entrants, it may be best to have everyone battle each other once, and score points on the following basis:

Loss = all your own Pokémon fainted = 0 points
Win = all your opponent's Pokémon fainted, you had less than 3 Pokémon remaining = 1 point
Win+ = all your opponent's Pokémon fainted, you had 3 or more Pokémon remaining = 2 points

Thoughts on this? Or should we stick with win = 1, loss = 0, and keep it simpler?

Taylor said:
If another one is hosted I may sign up to it, dont have my 5th gen team ready yet.

If there is anything I can do to help you get your team ready, feel free to ask. :) I can breed most things that matter.

Also remember, it is only new Pokémon, none of the ones that existed in 4th gen and earlier are allowed this time.

Mutsumi said:
Taylor said:
If another one is hosted I may sign up to it, dont have my 5th gen team ready yet.

If there is anything I can do to help you get your team ready, feel free to ask. :) I can breed most things that matter.

Also remember, it is only new Pokémon, none of the ones that existed in 4th gen and earlier are allowed this time.

Still working on a setup, but thank you for the offer :)

Still time to PM your entries. ^_^ Additionally, those of you who know you want to enter but have not yet submitted a team, could you let me know how soon you will be ready?

Still only two entries. Maybe allowing the older Pokémon would solve that, by allowing people to make use of their previously trained Pokémon to build a team sooner? Also just using normal flat battle restrictions, allowing the likes of Virizion, Zapdos, and other semi-legendaries to be used.

Thoughts, everyone? Only the two of us have submitted teams so far, and I'm fairly sure both of us could rebuild our teams on account of this if necessary. If at least two other people entering (not counting myself) think that this way would be better, we'll do it this way, and I'll just go ahead and post me own team in this thread, get the ball rolling, and save all the PM malarky.

Back