Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire out now :)

Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire comes out 28/11/14

PandoraHane said:
Kurz Weber said:
Unlucky there I ordered off Amazon and mine come at 2pm today.

It's strange isn't it? Post has been today and nothing again! Now best I can hope for is Monday :( Just glad I didn't pay extra. I am in a village in the countryside, could be a factor. Though the nearest town where our post comes from is about 15/20 mins away so....really?

I hope you get the games soon Pandora :) I'm still waiting for my copy of Persona Q to come from Amazon.

My Brother is getting both. One for now, one for xmas. I'm hoping he finishes with the one he's getting now, by xmas so that I can then play that one and he can then play the one for xmas lol :p

They both finally arrived! I've played a little bit already (Sapphire) and got a girl Torchic. I'm so happy!

My friend hasn't spoke to me in ages, she better get in contact or I'll adopt Ruby as my own.

PandoraHane said:
They both finally arrived! I've played a little bit already (Sapphire) and got a girl Torchic. I'm so happy!

My friend hasn't spoke to me in ages, she better get in contact or I'll adopt Ruby as my own.

Glad to hear they arrived :)

I have been playing Ruby non stop over the last few days. I love some of the new features they have added :)

Wow this game is piss easy. Everything is given to you, you dont even catch Latios. And the exp share, shares will all the pokemon? The hell.

In one day I beat all thr gyms and caught Kyogre. Elite four left. Other then the graphics this game has been a major disappointment, the orginals were much harder and much fun and with mega evolutions and what not its sucked the joy out the game imo.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Wow this game is piss easy. Everything is given to you, you dont even catch Latios. And the exp share, shares will all the pokemon? The hell.

In one day I beat all the gyms and caught Kyogre. Elite four left. Other then the graphics this game has been a major disappointment, the orginals were much harder and much fun and with mega evolutions and what not its sucked the joy out the game imo.
Where have you been? The games have been absolute piss easy since Black and White. I am a bit saddened when you compare it to the original though.
Gym leaders teams have been nerfed, everything from Gym - Maze/Cave layouts have been changed and casualised to make it so you're pretty much walking in a straight line. Victory Road and Magma/Aqua base are literally "Is there a trainer there" - Yes - Correct way - No - Dead end with item. Mega Stones being available so early makes the game easier, Lati@s being just given to you makes the game easier, the game is poorly balanced without EXP Share let alone with it. Then the thing which was most annoying to me - the way that the games literally spoonfeed you constantly by Blue Texting everything and automatically teleporting you to where you're meant to go next. I really enjoyed the addition of Soar and the Delta Episode though. Ryuk- I mean, Zinnia's theme is also the best theme yet in a Pokemon game IMO.
ORAS are both Amazing games, yet dumbed down compared to the originals, also too much water 8/10.

Yeah, I played White (don't remember much except Pokemon designs being horrible, an ice cream cone?) didn't like it and so didn't bother with Pokemon anymore, until I heard they were remaking 3rd Gen. I agree with everything you say, hell they even heal you aswell andI was surprised they didn't take me to Sotopolis City lol,. Currently making my way through Vic Road, I hope to god they are somewhat tough, doubt it though. Graphics are the only reason I'd recommend it to anyone, they're out of this world. Firered and Soulsilver were much better remakes, I will probably sell this when I beat the elite four, have no interest in post-game especially when you can't go to other regions.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Yeah, I played White (don't remember much except Pokemon designs being horrible, an ice cream cone?) didn't like it and so didn't bother with Pokemon anymore, until I heard they were remaking 3rd Gen. I agree with everything you say, hell they even heal you aswell andI was surprised they didn't take me to Sotopolis City lol,. Currently making my way through Vic Road, I hope to god they are somewhat tough, doubt it though. Graphics are the only reason I'd recommend it to anyone, they're out of this world. Firered and Soulsilver were much better remakes, I will probably sell this when I beat the elite four, have no interest in post-game especially when you can't go to other regions.
Play the post game episode, seriously. It's actually pretty good. X and Y were also pretty damn good and I'd easily recommend those as well. I put about 30 - 40 hours into B/W2 yet I've got at least 300 on X and a further 50 on Y. The only real wall I've hit now with OR is that outside of Soft Resetting to get good IV/Nature Legendaries, there's not much to do other than go back to breeding again.

I'm happy exp share shares with all Pokemon on these games too as I wasn't sure if X & Y would be the only ones that had that.

I can see why the proper fans would be upset by this, my brothers even thinking of not equipping it, if thats possible.

I however have never completed a Pokemon games other than X because I get bored of levelling up all Pokemon that didn't have exp share and with X I didn't have that problem. Thats why Pokemon Black remains unfinished for me as the exp share only did it for the Pokemon who held it.

I can't wait for my Brother to be done with it so I can play :)

Mangaranga said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Play the post game episode, seriously. It's actually pretty good. X and Y were also pretty damn good and I'd easily recommend those as well. I put about 30 - 40 hours into B/W2 yet I've got at least 300 on X and a further 50 on Y. The only real wall I've hit now with OR is that outside of Soft Resetting to get good IV/Nature Legendaries, there's not much to do other than go back to breeding again.

I am looking at buying X or Y, but I am not too familiar with the new pokemon and I dislike the starters, so I will probably wait until a good deal comes.

Well the elite four were easy, up until Steven's Metagross which destroyed half my party lol.

Lugia looks amazing in the game.

I'm enjoying it a lot. I really didn't like X (easily my least favourite gen), but maybe the familiarity here is doing it some good.

I'm absolutely love how easy it is (and that Exp Share!)...the sooner I get the story out of the way (and get to just screw around), the better.

Well Mangaranga was right about Pokemon X and Y I have been hooked on Y and so anime took a back burner hence why I havent been on here for a while lol.

I have been training for competetive battling, but I rely way too much on my Serperior. That Contrary and Glare combo is just too sick. I managed to take on and beat a Lugia, with zero damage.

Going to semi-revive this thread.

Having IV bred Pokemon for over a year now I decided to finally bite the bullet and have a go at some competitive battles on Battle Spot. I used to play competitive back in the DPPt days, so it's been a hell of a long time since I last played, and even then I only played singles. I've become increasingly interested in the doubles format over the last year, and the few battles I had tonight were actually pretty darn fun (despite battle spot seemingly overflowing with Uber Legendary users). I was running M-Kangaskhan and Gothitelle as leads with Gastrodon (w/Storm Drain) and Pyroar as secondaries. Also took Rotom-W and Scrafty but didn't end up using them. Surprisingly I found that Gothitelle tends to be completely underestimated until it's too late (T-Wave + Heal Pulse). The last match did leave a bit of a bitter taste though since I lost on the last turn purely because of a crit psystrike from a Mewtwo :/ Nice to see Pokemon hasn't changed at all in some aspects!

Back