Pokemon gets new UK DVD's and is on a new TV Channel!

Here's the listing for The Rise of Darkrai. It's weird that they are skipping Destiny Deoxys, any idea why?

Also, when are those season 1 boxsets due out?

All this talk of Pokémon is really re-kindling my interest. I've had Pokémon Pearl for ages but have yet to play it and had put it behind many other games in my backlog, but I'm planning on playing it very soon now. Also, I'm eager to dig out the Pokémon DVDs I have from a few years ago and give them a watch, too. The only UK released Pokémon DVD I don't have is Jirachi - Wish Maker. Is it worth picking up?

Cago1020 said:
I'll probably try pick these up - there's nothing more nostalgic to me than old episodes of Pokemon. I still remember seeing the episode where the Tentacruel attack the city in some random cafe up in Edinburgh with my parents. It was a beautiful day haha.

I love that episode. The Hotel entrepreneur is so over-the-top - it's great!

I dunno why Deoxys is being skipped - it's one of my favourites to be honest. Not sure why, just loved the film. Thought it was well cool haha.

CG you should deffo play Pokemon Pearl. It's well good. Atm all the hype is going towards Pokemon Platinum (the 3rd game in the series, like Yellow was to Red and Blue, Crystal to Gold and Silver, you get the message) which seems pretty good. For something completely different game wise then Pokemon Ranger is pretty good. Some people don't like it, I thought it was really good.

Anyway... Did anyone else get all excited when the Johto Journeys theme song kicked in? For me that feels like the best saga of pokemon - when there was a new thing to explore, but it wasn't crazy as it is now (up to like, 492 pokemon...)

When it says Season 1, does that mean the like ORIGINAL from when I was a kid with the epic intro??

"WOAAAH YOUR MY BEST FRIIIIEND! IN A WORLD WE MUST DEFEND!"

Spyro201 said:
When it says Season 1, does that mean the like ORIGINAL from when I was a kid with the epic intro??

Yep including the first ep which introudced Ho-oh about 2 years before he was in the games (he was the pokemon seen flying away at the end)

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

Yep including the first ep which introudced Ho-oh about 2 years before he was in the games (he was the pokemon seen flying away at the end)

I know about the Ho-Oh thing. And then I just MUST own series 1.

Cago1020 said:
CG you should deffo play Pokemon Pearl. It's well good. Atm all the hype is going towards Pokemon Platinum

I've no doubt it's a great game. All of the Pokémon games (in the mainline series; every single spin-off was pretty terrible) were great. I'm kind of annoyed that I paid full price for Pearl, and have yet to play it, when I could have just waited for Platinum and could have gotten all the extras and everything :/

Spyro201 said:

That song invokes an incredible amount of nostalgia within me :]

CitizenGeek said:
Cago1020 said:
CG you should deffo play Pokemon Pearl. It's well good. Atm all the hype is going towards Pokemon Platinum

I've no doubt it's a great game. All of the Pokémon games (in the mainline series; every single spin-off was pretty terrible) were great. I'm kind of annoyed that I paid full price for Pearl, and have yet to play it, when I could have just waited for Platinum and could have gotten all the extras and everything :/

Haha. My girlfriend begs to differ; she loves the Pokemon Dungeon games :roll: Also; what are the extra's in Platinum??

CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:

That song invokes an incredible amount of nostalgia within me :]

:lol: We all get that feeling :D :D

Spyro201 said:
CitizenGeek said:
Cago1020 said:

Haha. My girlfriend begs to differ; she loves the Pokemon Dungeon games :roll: Also; what are the extra's in Platinum??

Mystery Dungeon's also pretty good. Though, got kinda bored after the main storyline.. didn't see the point in continuing haha.

In Platinum they're introducing a new world (The Torn World) which is where Giratina resides. Like Emerald, its expected that both Palkia and Dialga will be obtainable. There's changes to the routes, expanded Wi-Fi capabilities, new forms of pokemon (Shaymin's getting a Sky Form which can fly, Giratina gets an Origin form, and there looks like there may be 5 new forms for Rotom), there may be a new gym leader for Sunyshore City though it's not been confirmed, the gyms have been changed to make some of them more of a challenge (like, the way the character reaches the gym leader). The storyline's changed in that now it contains a story that there's climate change in Sinnoh and alot more of Sinnoh is now covered in patches of snow. New characters, new sprites for when pokemon are found or sent out during battle, those kind of things. The most interesting point seems to be the torn world idea which includes you climbing sideways, up the way, in many different directions, it's all very 3D.

Cago1020 said:
Spyro201 said:
CitizenGeek said:
Cago1020 said:

Mystery Dungeon's also pretty good. Though, got kinda bored after the main storyline.. didn't see the point in continuing haha.

Haha. Nope she doesnt find that at all. She loves that damn series.

Cago1020 said:
In Platinum they're introducing a new world (The Torn World) which is where Giratina resides. Like Emerald, its expected that both Palkia and Dialga will be obtainable. There's changes to the routes, expanded Wi-Fi capabilities, new forms of pokemon (Shaymin's getting a Sky Form which can fly, Giratina gets an Origin form, and there looks like there may be 5 new forms for Rotom), there may be a new gym leader for Sunyshore City though it's not been confirmed, the gyms have been changed to make some of them more of a challenge (like, the way the character reaches the gym leader). The storyline's changed in that now it contains a story that there's climate change in Sinnoh and alot more of Sinnoh is now covered in patches of snow. New characters, new sprites for when pokemon are found or sent out during battle, those kind of things. The most interesting point seems to be the torn world idea which includes you climbing sideways, up the way, in many different directions, it's all very 3D.

Oooh it sounds good :p

Pokemon has a special place in my heart as well. There was a time I used to watch it with my nieces from Japan. They grew in japanese style, didn't speak anything, but japanese and my japanese was never really good, so watching it with my nieces were a moment were we could feel like really bonding. I find it hard to believe that when I think about them, pokemon comes to mind. =)

Pokémon was something I watched whenever I got home from primary school. I would spend the day looking forward to the moment when I could watch it. Heh, it seems everyone has some personal connection to the series! :]

CitizenGeek said:
Pokémon was something I watched whenever I got home from primary school. I would spend the day looking forward to the moment when I could watch it. Heh, it seems everyone has some personal connection to the series! :]

I used to record it on a Video Tape before Primary School every morning :lol:

I watched a few episodes of the Battle Frontier series when it first aired on CN and was surprisingly disappointed to hear a new American voice cast. I much prefered the one used in the previous 9 or so series.

I'd love to see a Pokémon release with the Japanese track included in the future. But, unfortunately, because of it's demographic here in the UK it'll probably never get one. Such a shame.

Hey, maybe Jetix can also release season box sets of Digimon as well...

Oh who am I kidding, Jetix can barely tie their own shoelaces without making a pig's ear out of it.
Speaking of which, jetix, Shaman King Box Set two, Now plz.

Conan-san said:
Hey, maybe Jetix can also release season box sets of Digimon as well...

Oh who am I kidding, Jetix can barely tie their own shoelaces without making a pig's ear out of it.

I'd love for them to release Digimon season box sets. There's the two out at the moment but they only go to episode 20, and I doubt any more are going to be released. There's even less chance considering there's not even a region 1 release.

... but we can wish.

On topic now, has there been any mention of when the Pokemon season sets will be coming out? Darkrai's date has been announced but is there any note of the other releases? I'm not meaning specific dates, more like Q1 2009, 2012, etc?

Back