Pokemon gets new UK DVD's and is on a new TV Channel!

HokageLuffy

Completely Average High School Student
According to http://uk.youtube.com/user/PokeRiseOfDarkraiUK, Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai will be seeing a UK DVD release on September 29, 2008.

Also, according to http://www.licensemag.com/licensema...r-DVDs/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/528473?, Independent Distributor 'Network' will be releasing more Pokemon on DVD, starting with Season 1 and Season 10.

Finally, starting soon, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension will be broadcast on Jetix! (Source http://pkmn.net/?action=main&page=viewnews&id=672)

Hopefully we will get movies 7-9 soon.

Oh goody, now we can see them cut out that episode where Ash was in a maid outfit.
Or maybe ... oh no one cares, it's pokemon ... May's cameo because her Harem/arabrian nights inspired cordinator's outfit is too suggestive.

Christ, wake me up when Pop/Kix start airing F-zero: GP Legend or something.
Also, what's with the lack of Digimon Savers?

Jetix, they know what anime fan wants (sic) :roll:

Ryo Chan said:
jetix..... couldn't they invest in new naruto instead lol
Actauly, given how they've been with Naruto, I think it's nice of them to let that show die a quiet death, let them fondle the power rangers for ever, just let naruto die a quiet, quick death (hint, hint, CSC in regards to killing AC)

Conan-san said:
They don't care about anime fans. Pokemon has done well with kids and that was it's target audience, not you or anybody above the age of 12 really.

I posted here before, but deleted it. Anyway, The new movie looks alright, actually. Possibly another winner (like Destiny Deoxys was). I quite surprised CN have dropped the license/sold it off/whatever because surely it gets good enough ratings because its shown so often. I caught some of Battle Dimension in America and it had another bad opening. Pokémon USA cannot do songs, at all. ;p

..Actually, aren't all the Pokémon seasons different licenses? I don't think CN actually have them all. It probably means I won't watch it anymore if its on Jetix, I dislike their voice over guy. "Naaaah-Roo-tow will ...."

I might get the DVDs if its decent value and like the R1's.

Wait... wut? Why would you want an anime based on a Japanese game which is casually aimed at eight year old children uncut? It's not like there's Pokémon death matches or Misty dies, this confuses me.

Maybe i should think before posting. Too many forums drilling in "CUT ANIME = EVILLL!!!"

But anyway, i enjoy it on the tv. These may get my money. I wouldnt mind actually seeing it from the beggining properly.

Sy said:
Conan-san said:
They don't care about anime fans. Pokemon has done well with kids and that was it's target audience, not you or anybody above the age of 12 really.
I dunno, they seem to do an awful job of holding onto a series that doesn't have power rangers in the title.

They're sorta the anti-anime centeral in that regard, but not the good kind that would show shows. That said, I wish jetix all the best whilst secretly wishing bad things upon them out loud to make my distaste clear.

Also, Where mah season 5, where, jetix?

I'm quite fond of Pokémon so I reckon I'll definitely pick up the first season. The nostalgia factor is insanely high with this series fro me, but I can't see it through anything but rose tinted glasses!

Lupus Inu said:
Wait... wut? Why would you want an anime based on a Japanese game which is casually aimed at eight year old children uncut? It's not like there's Pokémon death matches or Misty dies, this confuses me.

i dunno, maybe we're missing some epic yuri action?

oh maybe we're lucky and missing Yaoi or ......... i'll stop before this gets too wrong

RetroRainbow said:
I remember, about a year ago or so, someone mentioned how epic Pokemon would be, if Pokemon fights were illegal, and they were held in underground rings, fights to the death and all that. And the Gym Leaders were various dons, and Ashes' goal, was to be the supreme don type... thing. I can't really explain it, but I thought, 'WOOOOAH'.

But that would just alter Pokémon completely :s

It's like saying "Imagine if Pokémon wasn't actually Pokémon and was something entirely different instead?!" ....

And then there was that thing where someone came up with the theory where Ash was actually in a coma, and all the series is a hallucination. It was intricately thought out, that I felt majorly unsettled after reading it.

I think, maybe, you read into Pokémon too much? :p

RetroRainbow said:
And then there was that thing where someone came up with the theory where Ash was actually in a coma, and all the series is a hallucination. It was intricately thought out, that I felt majorly unsettled after reading it.
It's been done. But I don't think anything could make Pokemon anything more than the marketing tool it is.

CitizenGeek said:
I'm quite fond of Pokémon so I reckon I'll definitely pick up the first season. The nostalgia factor is insanely high with this series fro me, but I can't see it through anything but rose tinted glasses!

Yeah I have the Season 1 Boxset from Australia to remember those Saturday mornings with SM:TV and CD:UK

I'll probably try pick these up - there's nothing more nostalgic to me than old episodes of Pokemon. I still remember seeing the episode where the Tentacruel attack the city in some random cafe up in Edinburgh with my parents. It was a beautiful day haha.

The Rise of Darkrai is actually a real good movie. Sure, it's a pokemon film so it follows the same cookie cutter formula (Gang arrive in town, there's some unexplained mystery about the place, legendary pokemon appears which the group befriend, there's a big epic battle.. you know the formula) but it is a good film. Not sure if it's something most people would buy, but if you can catch it on Cartoon Network or whatever then it's worth a watch.

Back