Podcast XIII: Angel Beats!

Dannielle said:
I also didn't really get how main guy fell in love with silver haired girl? It just seemed random to me & just "put" there for the sake of adding romance
Why not? I fell in love with her too and she hadn't been enduring goodness knows how long in purgatory waiting to thank me while constantly being misunderstood and attacked by everyone else just for being a good student.

I bought the rocket chair episode from iTunes specifically while waiting for the BDs to come out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiroi Hane said:
Dannielle said:
I also didn't really get how main guy fell in love with silver haired girl? It just seemed random to me & just "put" there for the sake of adding romance
Why not? I fell in love with her too and she hadn't been enduring goodness knows how long in purgatory waiting to thank me while constantly being misunderstood and attacked by everyone else just for being a good student.

I bought the rocket chair episode from iTunes specifically while waiting for the BDs to come out :)

I really don't understand it myself. The romance just didn't blend together too well. I might need to give it another watch cause I might just have missed all the hints lol. She is a lovely character though, my partner is rather fond of her too

Dannielle said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Dannielle said:

I really don't understand it myself. The romance just didn't blend together too well. I might need to give it another watch cause I might just have missed all the hints lol. She is a lovely character though, my partner is rather fond of her too

Look at it this way.

From the beginning Otonashi empathises with Tachibana instead of buying into the group's assertion that she is evil. Over the course of the series this develops into respect for her. Later on we see that he does enjoy her company very much and does his best for his group to see past their prejudices towards her. At this stage his feelings for her have developed into something more than friendship, but not quite love yet.

And then, just before she vanishes from that world, he realises that he does indeed have feelings for her, and would be devastated were she to leave forever. It is these feelings that he interprets as love for her.

At least that's how I saw it, and why I feel the romantic angle wasn't shoehorned in.

Back