Play.com list UK release of Naruto

Ramen89 said:
I dont know if everyone allready knows this but I'll point it out just incase, theres a box set of Heat Guy J listed on play.com, including episodes 1-26, strange that there allready releasing a box set when they havent finished the single volumes yet, I presume the singles didnt do as well as Manga had hoped.

I saw the boxset listed on Manga's official site a few days ago, just ordered mine from play.com now :D

Excellent news to see this morning!

The second i saw it on play.com, i knew that this is going to be great! The artwork looks excellent from the pic on play.com, and for such an exceedingly cheap price! Almost the same as a regular dvd with a quarter of the eps on... Go Manga! I bet the US special edition is better though... i'll check that out now >.>. But as Gawn said, i would be prepared to pay £30 for it. I suppose this is just Manga trying to get as many people seeing this as possible! I wonder if they will do any TV ads?

EDIT: It seems to be rated 15 from the looks of that tiny picture. Yay!

Wavey said:
I may catch the series on Jetix before I choose to purchase, when does that start again?

Edited version = bad, it will most likely put you off... it is totally different from the uncut version, and the dub is cringe-worthy. It's cheap enough to pick up imo, you won't be dissapointed either.

EDIT 2:

Neon-Noir said:
A lot of people - myself included - moan about the lack of boxsets coming out in the UK. This release is something for those people to support and rally behind. I'll certainly be picking this up.

I agree, being one of those people myself, however, the US release is even better lol. Oh well... one step at a time i suppose.

EDIT 3:

Just checked the US special edition... it comes with a wrist thing and a headband, and i'm betting even better packaging than a gold-foiled box. I still think ours is great.

tho this is great news for people who dont have heat guy j already as its so cheap. im not to happy as i got both vol of the seire already and they where 14.99 each :( oh and th 3rd vol of heat guy j is not listed on play.com yet too. they better release 3rd vol of it or i wont be a happy bunnie.

I was slightly interested in Heat Guy J but not enough to pick up a volume. However £17.99 for 26 episodes is a pretty sweet deal! Manga just went up one step in my books. Now lets hope all those unfortunate technical issues are behind us. ^-^

I didn't like Naruto but i'm sure a couple of my friends will be buying it for that price. Very good stuff.

Nice price, certainly less than I was expecting, just a shame it's £17.98 more than I'd be willing to spend on a Naruto DVD. :p

Still, it's good news for fans of the series and an encouraging move on Manga Entertainment's part, hopefully this means we'll see more thrifty boxsets in the future.

What i'm wondering is what this boxset will be like... I'm betting it's going to be like every single other Manga release and be with that thin card outer package thing. I'm wondering if they will go a bit more up-class this time, with a series as popular as this, and have a normal artbox type thing. I'm thinking maybe there's a 0.01% chance of that though. Anyway still good i suppose, i wonder how it will look to the US release though.

Does anyone have one of the US Inu Yasha box sets and would they kindly spread some light on the style of the box please?

Well the Stand Alone Complex thinpack was a normal artbox type packaging. The thin slipcases are usually just on individual releases to make them look more classy.

DaNiMé said:
What i'm wondering is what this boxset will be like... I'm betting it's going to be like every single other Manga release and be with that thin card outer package thing. I'm wondering if they will go a bit more up-class this time, with a series as popular as this, and have a normal artbox type thing. I'm thinking maybe there's a 0.01% chance of that though. Anyway still good i suppose, i wonder how it will look to the US release though.

Does anyone have one of the US Inu Yasha box sets and would they kindly spread some light on the style of the box please?
Viz's Inu Yasha boxed set 1 is very alike to Manga's release of Tokyo Underground boxed set earlier this year. It is a slip box that contains a fold-out case of DVDs.

I hope uncut means that its got the original opening and ending, I really hate the American one. however £17.99 for what 13 eps thats great.

Gawyn said:
DaNiMé said:

Viz's Inu Yasha boxed set 1 is very alike to Manga's release of Tokyo Underground boxed set earlier this year. It is a slip box that contains a fold-out case of DVDs.

Ah ok, that sounds good, at least it will be better than those crappy M-Lock ones that ADV class as box-sets...

DaNiMé said:
Ah ok, that sounds good, at least it will be better than those crappy M-Lock ones that ADV class as box-sets...
Oh you mean like the Eva movies collection? Mine bloody fell apart! I had to stick the clear part that holds the disks back on.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
DaNiMé said:
Oh you mean like the Eva movies collection? Mine bloody fell apart! I had to stick the clear part that holds the disks back on.

Lmao.

This is the cheapest deal I have ever saw, and the series is/should be a mega-hit.

Akaten said:
Preordered!

Manga Entertainment are on the up and up this year, might even be the best UK anime distributor of 2006, been a long time since I could say something like that about them :eek: .

I agree whole-heartedly.

As i think about it more though, i can't help to see why after they are doing so well, we still aren't getting the special editions of most things, especially series which will be a massive hit, i mean i'm guessing this will be a craze with younger children, even though it bloody well shouldn't be... brain-washing those poor innocent children into thinking Naruto is their new fix after Pokemon... oh 4Kids what have you done *sob*.

Well thinking about it I have seen an episode of naruto dubbed, quite enjoyed it ^^ I really arn't that serious is buying it, so i will check it dubbed. Lately i seem to like the dubs that are coming out, mainly Stand Alone Complex.

Back